1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New site, rank Google Page#1 on 3rd day after set-up, then page#41 till now.Why that?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lori Wakin, Jun 2, 2012.

Hi guys,

I recentely set up a new website with a Keywords .com domain, it is not hot but do have a few unique searchs.

3 days after set-up I found my site ranked to Google Page#1 by search with keywords, even though the last position of the page. Before that I never did any backlinks to it by any way, so I was so happy that I think it will rank higher if I add some links. Soon on day 4 I add a link by making comment to a niche related Blog, then something really strange happened. My site dropped down immediately from Page#1 to pager #n (I just checked it page by page and found now it is in Page#41!)

I had to head back to that blog and checked my comment, and I found what I made in it is a Nofollow link.

So, my questions are:
    -1. Is it normal that a new site can rank higher but it will certainly drop down after a few days?
    If so, will it rank back to top positions naturally?
    -2. Will a Nofollow link harm my site on ranking?
    If so, will a high quality dofollow link in articles like Squidoo.com save it from dropping down?
    -3. Is there something I can do for it for now? Or just waiting?

Thanks and best regards,
    Lori

Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
    Lori Wakin, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  2. DavidMarathon

DavidMarathon Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    there are few things you need to understand..

1) google sandbox for new sites
    2) panda and penguin update

I think they are penalizing you for sandbox.

DavidMarathon, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  3. Lori Wakin

Lori Wakin Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Tanks David!

So,,, what can I do now to make it escape from the "sandbox"?

Lori Wakin, Jun 2, 2012 IP
  4. wordpecker

wordpecker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No sandbox or nothing happened in this case.Google initially placed your blog in the first page.Later on placed it perfectly where it should be at the start up.Do not worry, build back links, put more content and it will climb up once again.

wordpecker, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  5. Deez 國王

Deez 國王 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's rather common actually... ur site has not been sandboxed NOR slapped... it's simply a case of the normal google dance....This is normal when Google is still tryin to figure our where to suitably rank ur site... There is a chance that the single backlink that u did add was from a blog or site that had a high amount of OBL, was a low PR and low quality site and the fact that the link was no-follow could have probably done ur site more bad that good... so in future, make sure ur links are HIGH quality and high PR links, that are relevant to ur site, contextual and do follow and make sure that the sites u are linking to have a LOW OBL. Keep a good link diversity as well.

Deez 國王, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  6. Rembrant

Rembrant Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey Lori, what your site experienced was what is called "the honeymoon period", google tends to rank new sites higher in the serps for a few days. It's perfectly normal.

What you can do is build more links to your site, and no, nofollow links do not harm your rankings.

Good luck

Rembrant, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  7. shuvo

shuvo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if you tried to backlinks for that site then you probably get sandboxed.

If you did not build any backlink then the current position is okay.Post good content and build only quality backlinks and you will get it back again in a good position.

shuvo, Jun 3, 2012 IP
  8. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Do they really punish sites this harsh for something like backlinks? I mean for malware or some excessive traffic exchange, but for a hundred backlinks?

qwikad.com, Jun 3, 2012 IP