1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New site and SERPs

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Googles76, Jan 24, 2005.

my new site was just crawled by the google bot yesterday or 2 days ago, it shows in the index, however I am nowhere as far as ranks go. Does google update the SERPs later? I just want to know should I be worried or not. :)

Googles76, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  2. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Time and Patience are learned quick when dealing with Google. The first hurtle is jumped if you are in the index, so that is a good thing. Now it will take time for the bot to come back and actually start spidering for content.

I suggest you put a bot tracker in place to actually see the pages being indexed. Then as time passes, you will slowly see your webstats raise and show up for terms. I've seen this in weeks, and months. As for yahoo and showing up for popular keyword terms, I've done it in days. So don't just focus on google. Focus on the other engines, and with due time, google will start respecting your site.
    KG

keywordguru, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  3. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    Get real. :) General senario: Index page listed. It may appear and disappear for some time. You will be lucky if site is completely indexed in 6-8 weeks. It will not gain pagerank until next pagerank update. Meanwhile continue improving the site..

Good luck with new site.

Shannon

---------
    I was referring to Google time frame. Historically I get so little traffic from Yahoo and MSN I have never followed their practices but think slurp ought to be named slow poke.

Smyrl, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  4. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    ok thanks, that is what I wanted to hear. I was actually focusing on Yahoo with this site. I know from my last site it is much easier to get in google, however despite my efforts (I fallowed some instructions about setting up a rss feed on the my yahoo page and creating a blog) I was still found in google first and nowhere to be seen in yahoo :rolleyes:

5. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    That is interesting. I've been able to get into yahoo within a day or two, and ranking for popular terms within about 2 weeks. I used other methods than the known rss feed trick and it must have worked better. I always find that google is the hardest to actually rank the quickest.
    Good Luck
    KG

6. Help Desk

Help Desk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I've found that one can get into the SERPs a lot easier at Yahoo and even easier at MSN. Google is very difficult.

Help Desk, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  7. d360

d360 Grunt

Best Answers:
    I've noticed my site gets indexed pretty well by Google but when it comes to yahoo and msn the results are not nearly as good. I've always wondered if yahoo/msn could devalue a site running adsense?

d360, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  8. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    That is exactly what I'm thinking. I am running adsense from day 1 and already in google, while yahoo and msn won't pick me up.

9. d360

d360 Grunt

Best Answers:
    i have a new site getting hit by msn and yahoo its indexed currently with no adsense. Other than installing adsense and seeing what happens any other ideas for testing this?

oh maybe i'm getting OT with this thread.

d360, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  10. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    Hmm, that is an interesting analysis.

I will plan to test this by placing adsense on a site that currently does not have it. I guess i'll report back eventually with details on its findings.
    KG

11. david_sakh

david_sakh Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder if google-related stuff plays a big role in this. My site running AS was indexed in 2-3 days from launch, and my blogger account (owned by G) was indexed even faster.

david_sakh, Jan 24, 2005 IP
  12. Googles76

Googles76 Peon

Best Answers:
    What exactly will you try to prove? Yahoo and MSN will eventually pickup a site with adsense, it is just that they are not as "eager" to look at your site if it has adsense and therefore it takes a lot longer to get anywhere as far as SERPs go. At least thats my theory :D