1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

(new Search Engine) Whoosh - The Public Opinion Search Engine

Discussion in 'All Other Search Engines' started by WhooshSearch, Jan 27, 2013.

I have been a webmaster for quite some time now. Like most webmasters I have worked hard learning SEO and spent a lot of time creating quality websites in order to rank my websites well in traditional search engines.

Just like any webmaster who has done so, I have had my websites flushed, pushed down, sandboxed and deleted from search results for little to no reason. Most search engines have this bias factor embedded in them, and some abuse this factor because they have the power to do so.

This made us realize that search engines may contain irrelevant results, regardless of how many conditions and factors are implemented into their algorithms. They change their algorithms weekly (mainly Google!). Therefore hard working webmasters, who do their absolute best to rank on search engines, are continuously being slapped down or sandboxed, replaced by who knows what.

It is said that search engines change their algorithms to give a better “User Experience”. We know that this is just a cover to mask the real reason, to increase traffic to websites affiliated with the search engine. The average person who uses a search engine has no say in what results are displayed in their search query. Users may have to waste their time digging through page after page of irrelevant results just to find what they are searching for.

This gave us the idea of asking the public for their opinion in how search results are ranked, having their opinion as the prominent factor in our search algorithm called Destiny. Introducing Whoosh – The Public Opinion Search Engine

We have spent over two years developing our “Destiny Algorithm” and now feel confident that it is time for the public’s input in our search results. Whoosh is now ready to be released to the public! Plus, webmasters can start adding their websites to our search results, it’s time to let the public determine their Destiny! This gives public feedback to the webmasters so they know why they are ranking as they are. Our search results are transparent! We give a Fair Search experience in Whoosh – The Public Opinion Search Engine!

We are a very small organization with limited resources. We at Inquestor Inc. believe that Whoosh will deliver a superior searching experience to the people once we acquire the public’s opinion in our search results.

Since we are small, our ability to give 100% relevant search results to the users is somewhat hindered. Whoosh is a public opinion search engine and it needs to be released to gather the public’s opinion on search results!

For more information about Whoosh visit the link below
    http://www.whoosh.info/

To use our Whoosh "Beta" visit the link below
    http://www.whoosh.co/

Sincerely,
    Inquestor Inc.

WhooshSearch, Jan 27, 2013 IP
  2. ChrisRey

ChrisRey Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    thanks for the info. but i still think google and yahoo are the best search engines.

ChrisRey, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  3. WhooshSearch

WhooshSearch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    @ChrisRey

Please read our about us page before you judge us. Our integrity is explained in our .info page.

Then pass your opinion, or why not share it on our search engine?

WhooshSearch, Feb 7, 2013 IP
  4. Apposl

Apposl Member

Best Answers:
    Very nice!

Have you thought about selling your script to help offset costs or anything? I guess long story short I love it and wish I could use it at my own website, LOL.

Very good work and best of luck.

Apposl, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  5. WhooshSearch

WhooshSearch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks,

We do not plan to sell the custom script we have developed but there are options on the table.

In the coming months we will provide an API Key with a search scripts (Web, Image, PDF, Document, Etc...) for people like yourself to run this kind of search engine. But it will not come with the internal patent pending functionality.

WhooshSearch, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  6. Apposl

Apposl Member

Best Answers:
    Do you feel the 'destiny points' you allocate people to use is worthwhile? It basically looks like your version of a Like or +1, etc, but with a cap on how many times you can do it? Will that really impact search results without Google/Bing/etc levels of search traffic and involvement in a new search engine and social network?

On the other hand, I think negative points is interesting too...but there I also see a few concerns. Competitors trashing your site or posts, robots doing it en masse to push down sites... But again not really an issue unless you have relatively large amounts of search traffic.

What is your patent pending technology, the +/- Destiny bit? Why would someone want an API key without some unique functionality? Otherwise, wouldn't they go with the Big Names?

Don't take me the wrong way, think it's a nice site, just looking for clarity on some things!

Apposl, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  7. WhooshSearch

WhooshSearch Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I will answer your questions one at a time.

Do you feel the 'destiny points' you allocate people to use is worthwhile?

The destiny points you see are only for "guests". Guests can only vote on search results up to 10 times. This is to encourage guests to register. Once you become a member of our search engine you can vote for one result is as many search queries as you wish.

Will that really impact search results without Google/Bing/etc levels of search traffic and involvement in a new search engine and social network?

Yes, absolutely. The results are ranked from the greatest destiny to the least regardless of any external factors the website has.

Competitors trashing your site or posts, robots doing it in mass to push down sites.

This is the interesting part. First you can only vote once per query. After 30-90 days (depending on how much that query is search for) you can then vote again in that query. If you comment on why you disliked the result, you will take more away from the destiny of the result. If you do not comment it will only take away 0.05 of the total destiny value. Any abuse that seems suspicious will be looked into and if foul play is determined, destiny points will be restored to that result.

The patent pending technology is how the entire search engine works as a whole. Can no go into specific detail. It has much to do with our "Destiny" Algorithm though...

Why would someone want an API key without some unique functionality?

Traditional API Keys provided by bigger companies explicitly state "You are not allowed to manipulate their results". The script & API Key we will be selling in the coming months allows the webmaster to set up a search engine just the ours with the destiny functionality. When a user likes or dislikes a result on your website, that statistic is sent to our servers and then updates the destiny value of that result in that query. This is to help build our database of public opinion quickly to have a more relevant search experience.

We are still in deep beta, and I will be rolling out an update to the search engine within the next month or so. This will integrate Whoosh more into the social media side of life.

Thank you for your interest!

Last edited: Mar 15, 2013
    WhooshSearch, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  8. Apposl

Apposl Member

Best Answers:
    Great response!

Apposl, Mar 15, 2013 IP
  9. arifdriessen

arifdriessen Member

Best Answers:
    Very good work and best of luck :D