1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Quality Score Column

Discussion in 'Google AdWords' started by Micromag, Dec 23, 2006.

1. beejeebers

beejeebers Peon

Best Answers:
    Worthless.

However, perhaps this is an indication that they are getting worried about losing accounts because they keep changing the rules and then do not explain what the rules are at any time. Anybody with half a brain already has an idea of what their quality score is. This is pure fluff. Absolutely worthless addition.

We're not stupid google, this is useless information and a horrible attempt at making people think you're improving.

beejeebers, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  2. volk23

volk23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yea yea, you right, no one saying that its some awesome feature, its just useful for it to be there, so i dont have to compare things to see if there if the keyword is good or not, or maybe its got better.

volk23, Dec 26, 2006 IP
  3. kevingibbons

kevingibbons Guest

Best Answers:
    Even at site level there would still be too many accounts to score manually.

kevingibbons, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  4. GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago Permanent Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Micromag for the screenshot.

My early opinion of this is that it borders on worthless. I'm not terribly surprised....Google is starting to make a habit of sharing worthless feel good data.

If I see this correctly there are two levels - poor and great. I've been told the quality score is a numeric between 1 & 5 before and was really hoping to see that number represented instead of "poor" or "great".

I can already tell if a QS is "poor" by the fact that the keyword will be disabled and or require a high bid to activate it. Same logic applies to "great" as well.

If this is all Google's giving us in terms of QS data it's barely even worth dicusssing - they're just dressing up the inactive/active terminology.

Micro or any other testers - are there any reported levels in between poor and great?

GuyFromChicago, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  5. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Agreed... only a total adwords newbie would think that this junk is "great".

Just a waste of bytes.

fryman, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  6. iucpxleps

iucpxleps Peon

Best Answers:
    I would prefer no QS column at all or accept this than to give spammers an edge..WE of course know our QS without this column but I always like to see something solid on the screen.

iucpxleps, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  7. volk23

volk23 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    thats basically what i saw saying. no need to call people a total newb...

volk23, Dec 27, 2006 IP
  8. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Didn't point out anyone... but if the shoe fits, feel free to wear it

fryman, Dec 27, 2006 IP