1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Product Launch - CONVERTING At 1:15 - 75% Commission - Almost Zero Competition

Discussion in 'ClickBank' started by domainiac, Aug 19, 2009.

1. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    1 out of 15, huh?

Okay.

PhilipR, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  2. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    On the day of announcement, yeah. Yesterday 2 affiliates converted better than that. That doesn't mean that everyone can or will achieve those results but it does mean that the product has the possibility to deliver those results.

You seem a bit skeptical.....

domainiac, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  3. PhilipR

PhilipR Peon

Best Answers:
    Sooooo tired of affiliates, posters here, and publishers stating false figures of, say, 1 out of 15, or 1 out of 20....

Get a track record going that makes it consistent, then report it.

And, please, if you want TRUE affiliates, and a lot of them, please tell the truth after getting that consitent track record.

It's the right thing to do, anyway.

I don't know about the others, but things like this, along with loooooong sales pages turn me off.

Sorry.

Good luck with your site.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2009
    PhilipR, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  4. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well if they were false figures then I guess you would have a point. Since they are not false then you don't.

It is ok to be skeptical. You have to be in this business as there are a lot of claims made on a daily basis.

However, you should have more than your ideas before making accusations. Once you have been around this board a little longer, you will know which publishers and which affiliates are straight shooters and which ones make wild claims.

Had you been around for a while, you would already know that I'm not one that does.

domainiac, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  5. BurtGummer

BurtGummer Peon

Best Answers:
    I think what he's trying to get at is that he wants to see several hundred hops, and then see the overall conversion rate. Too many times do vendors say "it converted in 1:12", and on the CB page it shows 12 hops and 1 sale, instead of something like 144 hops and 12 sales. Chances are that high conversions rates are flukes if there isn't enough data.

Yours isn't as bad, since its 47 hops and 3 sales, but more data is always better in any case.

BurtGummer, Aug 27, 2009 IP
  6. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you both make a good point.

Let me explain at how I look at these conversions.

Have you ever promoted a product, spent money and time developing websites, articles or ppc? Then after a few 100 hops you have no conversions. You start to wonder...is it the product, the sales page, my marketing techniques...AHHHHH!

You don't know whether to stop or tweak. Very frustrating and will cause a lot of marketers to give up.

When I see a product convert at whatever, 1:10, 1:15, 1:30, etc. It tells me that it has the possibility of conversion. Now the data itself is meaningless. Unless you copy every aspect of the persons efforts, you could not expect the same results.

However, you will have a better idea as to where the problem may be. Lets say you are converting a product at 1 in 75 and you see a screen shot of several affiliates converting at 1:25. You can be more assured that it is not the sales page but rather your effort. You can then start tweaking your efforts to bring down your conversion rate.

I have a couple of affiliates for my simpleheaters.com that convert consistently week after week at below 1 in 30 with multiple sales daily. I have other affiliates that have never made a sale but continue to send traffic daily.

It most certainly is not a full proof indicator but seeing that it at least converts is a big deal. I have had sales pages for new products that just didn't convert and had to start over. Once I found a formula that converted then it is just testing and tweaking to make those rates better.

Bust Liars has that possibility as it has had several instances already of low conversions. This is before anyone would have enough data to really start tweaking.

I guess I am making a simple answer very long but I think you are both correct in your statements if you look at it from what rate will I convert. However, if you look at it from the view of it has the possibility for low conversions then they are much more useful.

P.S. I have an affiliate today that is at better than 1 in 10 conversion....I think you know who I'm talking about.;)

domainiac, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  7. canterro

canterro Guest

Best Answers:
    My first post here. I think this is a interesting niche and I'm going to give it a try :)

canterro, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  8. popcorn plya

popcorn plya Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm currently working on a landing page, bought a domain for it.

popcorn plya, Aug 28, 2009 IP
  9. hamidap

hamidap Active Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Who says we're posting false figures? Ever since I learnt how to market properly I've been getting figures of 1 in 15 (for some products) - I'm in very high converting niches and I know how to sell. I don't know what's so unbelievable about that - it takes time but if you just start taking action and then test and tweak your campaigns eventually you'll see similar results. Most peoples problem is that they don't send highly targetted traffic, and they don't know how to presell - it's a skill that can be learnt though.

hamidap, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  10. BurtGummer

BurtGummer Peon

Best Answers:
    Yep, I made that first sale for myself......but Adwords is being a pain. I've got a generic keyword of "lying", all match types, and they have 3/10 QS, so minimum CPC is $1.00.

If I wasn't bidding on that keyword today, I wouldn't have made a sale, because the search query was rediculously long, and my phrase match of "lying" triggered the ad. I spent $19.83 on Ads today, and made $19.69 on the sale, haha.

I'm happy with the conversion, and it's a great niche. I will start promoting though in Ezine and article stuff......Adwords is getting just plain stupid. I'm sure after a while, I could learn the ropes of Adwords, but after losing $1300 to date with it, I think doing Articles would be better until I better understand SEO.

I hope to continue making sales with your product!

BurtGummer, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  11. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want me to take a look at your ppc campaign, I would be happy to. I am paying less than .20 per click but I am not using the term lying by itself. I am only paying .06 per click on the content network.

Best of luck with your marketing efforts that are non ppc. There is a lot of room for affiliates to get on the front page of google on many terms.

domainiac, Aug 29, 2009 IP
  12. popcorn plya

popcorn plya Peon

Best Answers:
    Just got my first sale ever!! 14 hops!

popcorn plya, Aug 30, 2009 IP
  13. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Congrats! Hopefully it is just the first of many for you.

domainiac, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  14. EMO_Ralez

EMO_Ralez Peon

Best Answers:
    congratulations, however dont be afraid when the second sale comes after 500 hops/ sale numbers tend to fluctuate a lot

EMO_Ralez, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  15. popcorn plya

popcorn plya Peon

Best Answers:
    popcorn plya, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  16. Dukester2

Dukester2 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Well done. thinking about this one myself.

Dukester2, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  17. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey looks like you got another today with only 2 hops. Nice job. As soon as you get that ppc issue figured out, you should be set.

domainiac, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  18. popcorn plya

popcorn plya Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess that was a lucky one.. I've gotten loads of visitors but barley any hops.

Need to optimize my page a bit more, maybe you can help out a bit if you have some time.

Do you have MSN by the way?

popcorn plya, Aug 31, 2009 IP
  19. domainiac

domainiac Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wanted to give an update on conversions. Traffic is still not coming in steady but it is picking up.

[​IMG]

best affiliate converting at 1:17

domainiac, Sep 1, 2009 IP
  20. popcorn plya

popcorn plya Peon

Best Answers:
    YIPPIE I'm the best :D

popcorn plya, Sep 1, 2009 IP