1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New PLR Twist?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by easyhomebiz, Apr 2, 2011.

I just got an email from Matt Rhodes. He is testing his theory that changing just the FIRST SENTENCE of PLR on a website will pass Google scrutiny. Therefore, this new tactic should garner "huge" success in using PLR content for websites. Any thoughts or opinions on this? I have no experience with PLR and have read LOTS of negative opinions regarding it.

easyhomebiz

easyhomebiz, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  2. JMcGee2010

JMcGee2010 Peon

Best Answers:
    I totally disagree. I use PLR all the time, but I totally rewrite the material. It's kind of like doing a research paper and rewording everything. I've heard all about the dup content penalty for years now, but have never tested it out, because I want my stuff to be original writing.

As far as anyone, testing any theory to outsmart Google, it might work for a minute, but not for long. Google averages close to 500 algorithm updates a year (most are minor). So, all it would take is one algorithm re-write and all that time people have spent putting up PLR with the first sentence changed will be shot.

Just my opinion.

JMcGee2010, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  3. everypcneed

everypcneed Peon

Best Answers:
    As an expert in the realm of re-purposing PLR content I would like to weigh in here.

Changing simply the first sentence of a PLR article or document may, as JMcGee2010 pointed out above, work for a short time. But for the long haul you want to completely rewrite and update the content to reflect the current market information. This will ensure your content is unique and you will be awarded for such.

everypcneed, Apr 8, 2011 IP