1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Optional Benchmarking Feature Available in Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Google Analytics' started by coolslko, Apr 10, 2008.

Hi,

Have you noticed recent updation in your Google Analytics account? Here's new optional benchmarking feature now available in Google Analytics.

By logging in to your Google Analytics account you will find that now you have an option choose to share your Google Analytics data.

This data sharing options will sure help in terms of transparency, control, and new services based on user preferences.

To enable this optional new feature, an administrator on your account will need to make the following selections on the Google Analytics data sharing settings page:

1. Log into your account. You'll see the yellow data sharing settings box on the Analytics Settings page.

2. Click the "More data sharing options" link within the yellow box.

3. Select the second checkbox to specify that you want to share your data "Anonymously with Google products and the benchmarking service". You can also choose to share your data "With Google products only" to take advantage of advanced Google advertising products and services as they become available.

For more information about benchmarking service, please visit-http://www.google.com/support/googleanalytics/bin/topic.py?topic=13909

coolslko, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  2. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, I noticed last evening. I have not turned this feature on yet. Still trying to learn more. Anyone else?
    Q...

QiSoftware, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  3. dnqm

dnqm Peon

Best Answers:
    The same to me.
    I am waiting for the feedback

dnqm, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  4. imnajam

imnajam Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have tried this but don't think that it's so fruitfull:-s

imnajam, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  5. gford

gford Peon

Best Answers:
    I have it on for one of my domains and the data just recently became available. It is interesting info but nothing beyond that. For example I can compare my bounce rate to those in my "industry" or any category I wish. Can also compare uniques, # of pages visited, etc for like-sized sites in our out of industry.

gford, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  6. Lovely

Lovely Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I notice the new feature too, but I dont know how it work yet. Looking forward to learn it.

Lovely, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  7. QiSoftware

QiSoftware Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I turned the feature on earlier today. We can post to help each other learn how the new feature works?

Q...

QiSoftware, Apr 10, 2008 IP
  8. manish.chauhan

manish.chauhan Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The new feature is quite interesting as it shows you comparison of your website and related websites performance...:)

manish.chauhan, Apr 14, 2008 IP
  9. cupidsms

cupidsms Peon

Best Answers:
    interesting feature

cupidsms, Jun 12, 2008 IP
  10. gostats

gostats Peon

Best Answers:
    cupidsms, re-opening a old thread here. In any case, you should have access the the benchmarking data by now. The benchmarking is still a new feature and perhaps we will see more from it in the future. It seems to be limited to the vistors section at this time.

gostats, Jun 12, 2008 IP