1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Omakase Feature and ISBN-13 - As Announced

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by dinodino, Dec 2, 2006.

"Today we launched a new feature that displays discount stickers on product images in Omakase ads. These stickers show the percentage that Amazon.com's price has been discounted from the regular list price for Amazon products. Amazon.com customers appreciate this added information, and we believe your site visitors will as well. This feature was requested by many Associates worldwide, and we thought it was a great idea."..

and on ISBN-13

"Amazon plans to continue using 10-digit ASINs; so, in the future a book's ASIN will be different than its ISBN, just as items in product categories like Electronics or Kitchen may have a manufacturer SKU (stock keeping unit) different than the Amazon ASIN.

How does this affect Associates links to books?
    ASINs for existing books will not change. So, any Associates links to specific books on Amazon will continue to work, and you do not need to update them.

If I know the 13-digit ISBN for a book, can I use that in a Associates Link to Amazon?
    No. Associates Product Links must include the 10-digit ASIN of the item. If you know the 13-digit ISBN, you can look up the ASIN by searching for the book in Associates Central or on Amazon.com using the ISBN as your search term. Our Build Links (login required) tool in Associates Central will generate the HTML needed to build the link to Amazon.com.

Is there an automated way to create a Product Link if I have the 13-digit ISBN?
    Yes. You can programmatically generate Associates links from 13-digit ISBNs using the E-Commerce Service (ECS) from Amazon Web Services. The ECS ItemLookup function allows you to look up items using an ASIN, international article number (EAN), or other identifiers. For more information, see the ECS documentation."..

dinodino, Dec 2, 2006 IP