1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Nvidia cards :)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by VerdinaNET, May 9, 2016.

What do you guys think about the announced new cards ? I am exited the least :)

VerdinaNET, May 9, 2016 IP
  2. kimanierick

kimanierick Member

Best Answers:
    NVIDIA has finally unveiled its next-generation GPUs, the GeForce GTX 1080 and the GeForce GTX 1070, based on the highly anticipated GP104 Pascal architecture. NVIDIA co-founder and CEO Jen-Hsun Huang held a surprise unveiling at the DreamHack conference in Austin, Texas last week.
    NVIDIA's new Pascal-based graphics cards are built using the 16 nm FinFET process. With a smaller chip design, the new GPUs use less power and emit less heat. As a result, the GPUs are able to operate at higher clock speeds that significantly improve performance.

The new flagship GPU, the GeForce GTX 1080 GPU, is the most-advanced graphics card that NVIDIA has ever created. It comes with the latest technologies that provide unprecedented levels of performance and efficiency.
    In terms of speed, the GTX 1080 is faster than both the GTX 980 Ti and the TITAN X GPUs. Furthermore, the new flagship GPU also delivers three times the efficiency of the TITAN X.
    It is faster than both the GeForce GTX 980 Ti and the GeForce GTX TITAN X. Furthermore, the GTX 1080 also delivers three times the efficiency of the TITAN X.
    The GTX 1080 is also the first GPU to support GDDR5X memory, which has a higher memory bandwidth. Aside from 8 GB of GDDR5X memory, the GPU also comes with 9 Teraflops.
    The GTX 1080 is powerful enough to drive 5K and HDR displays to offer the performance required for a truly immersive VR experience.
    While Huang did not focus too much on the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, he did preview some of the specs of the GPU. It will have 6.5 Teraflops, 8 GB of GDDR5 memory, and will be as powerful as the TITAN X GPU.
    The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 GPU will be released on May 27 for $599. It will be followed by the GeForce GTX 1070 GPU on June 10 and will be priced at $349.
    Well, all in all I hardly wait for these graphic cards and I am going to buy one for the new computer configuration I will be buying in a few months time. The price, compared to the performance you get is just ridiculous.

kimanierick, May 16, 2016 IP
  3. VerdinaNET

VerdinaNET Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    It barely holds on 4k :) 5k is little high for that GPU if you max out settings.

VerdinaNET, May 18, 2016 IP