1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Network Security Software

Discussion in 'Site & Server Administration' started by delphiboy, Apr 15, 2016.

Hello all IT pros,

I'm conducting some market research and I hope asking this question here is not considered as spam.

Our company is designing an enterprise software product to help IT administrators prevent/track most activities of employees such as copying files to USB drives, programs used, websites visited, keyboard usage and also fully monitor their screens. Everything can be managed through a web-based interface and modules can be enabled/disabled throughout network on demand, and only features that are used, are charged for.

The actual question is "Do you think an IT manager will consider using this product to improve security of their network?"

I would really appreciate if you explain what you expect to see in such product, or what are other concerns that can be addressed. Any suggestions or comments are welcome.

delphiboy, Apr 15, 2016 IP
  2. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Uhm... Most places lots of these functions would be considered illegal. Like keyboard logging, for instance. And how will these logs be of any use for an IT manager? You have proper antivirus, you run strict firewalls, you disable unrecognised usb devices, and so on and so forth. Why would anyone want to know which programs are being used? As long as the users do what's required, and deliver on time, who cares what programs they use?

PoPSiCLe, Apr 15, 2016 IP