1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Member/User Question about ads

Discussion in 'Co-op Advertising Network' started by lowrider14044, Oct 7, 2004.

Just enrolled in the network and wanted to say hello. Seems like a great program you have here. Instilation went smoothly and everything is up and running including the ads on my site and the validator even worked for me. :) I guess all I'm waiting for now is for my ads to be reviewed and approved. Any ides on how long that normally takes?

Quick question about the ads...Is there any way to change the gray background color that appears in the text ads? It really clashes with my background. I'm sure there probably is but I'm not an expert on php. Actually probably not an expert on anything. :)

lowrider14044, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I just checked, and there are no unapproved ads in the queue.

You can change the background color of the banner ads under the setup instructions (you can specify the color).

digitalpoint, Oct 7, 2004 IP
  3. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Hello Shawn,

Thanks for answering so quickly. I re-checked and their not showing pending now. Thanks. I tried changing the color in the setup and it didn't seem to change anything? I even went directly into my copy of the php file and changed the code but it didn't do anything. Unfortunately I'm not an expert at php or anything else for that matter. :)

Lou

4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    It's only going to change for the ads it grabs after you changed it (not the cached ones).

5. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Maybe I'm just not patient enough? I thought that since it was in my local php file that it would change whenever I reloaded the page? The ads are changing but not the background color. Maybe I'll just have to live with grey?

Quick question about the ads..I'm displaying 5 ads per page and at times I'm seeing three of the same Western Union Ads all apparently linking to the same site/page. Is this normal? Is there any way to eliminate duplicate ads?

Lou

6. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Try clearing your ad_network_ads.txt file after you made the change to your ad_network.php for the color.

7. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    Hi Shawn....Tried that this morning. Cached new ads but the background is still gray. :(

lowrider14044, Oct 8, 2004 IP
  8. lowrider14044

lowrider14044 Raider

Best Answers:
    No more gray ! :) I don't know what did it but after re-loading the php to the server about 10 times and clearing the ad cache a number of times it finally started coming up with teh right colors.

I even got to see one of my ads. Just happened to come up on my site on a page I happened to be in but at least i know it's working. Thanks Shawn !!

Lou

lowrider14044, Oct 8, 2004 IP