1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Link Building Strategies

Discussion in 'Link Development' started by saurabhisbc, Jul 13, 2011.

Hi! Friends,

I was thinking what could be the new link building strategies since the panda update replacing the traditional ones. Articles are important but don't play that much effective role. And i mean quality backlinks. Are the forums and some do follow blogs remained only resources. I welcome all suggestions.

Thank You.

saurabhisbc, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  2. emotainment

emotainment Peon

Best Answers:
    I think creating real resources and things like infographics and information products is the way to go for the future. Give things away in exchange for a link to your site.

emotainment, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  3. Guisbar

Guisbar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Links are valid, no matter what algorithm updates you are referring to actually because from several years ago till now, the websites having better contents and apparently finer links have been found on first pages of Google for their targeted terms. Updates are happening all the time but one way links are still the best solutions.

One matter which is very important is remaining patient in SEO because Google likes giving websites decent ranks, the ones which have been getting promoted constantly and in the course of time and so, even if you get a lot of high PR links from quality sources, still some weeks and months of time need to pass.

Guisbar, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  4. saurabhisbc

saurabhisbc Member

Best Answers:
    Hmmm! I liked the idea of using infographics.

saurabhisbc, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  5. COBSolutions

COBSolutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Just think from the top of your head and build links, keep exploring you might hit a new idea which can get you the edge over all other link building methods, but remember traditional stuff still works, you got to know how to do things differently as well as do different things, link diversity is the way to go!

COBSolutions, Jul 13, 2011 IP
  6. patrick0001

patrick0001 Member

Best Answers:
    Google plus and buzz would be the next wave of link building strategies

patrick0001, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  7. LondonHomes

LondonHomes Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree that Google plus is going to be very important going forward. It's going to be important to build your crediblity with that product.

LondonHomes, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  8. vstar

vstar Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Contextual backlinks or in content links, are some of the most effective text links that you can get , being the holy grail of any link building campaign.

One of the most important aspects of web optimization is getting links relevant to your website, links that are placed within content which is also related to your site.

These links will pass more link love than footer links, sidebars, or any other kind of links you might get, since they are placed on a page that is related to your niche and the link itself is wrapped within relevant text.

vstar, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  9. wiseman.wiseman05

wiseman.wiseman05 Peon

Best Answers:
    Bookmark your site on popular social bookmarking sites. You can get a great response from bookmarking sites. Make press release which may bring some quality relevant backlinks for your site.

wiseman.wiseman05, Jul 14, 2011 IP
  10. hemantkashap

hemantkashap Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with you friend

hemantkashap, Jul 15, 2011 IP
  11. saurabhisbc

saurabhisbc Member

Best Answers:
    Great suggestion vstar. Thanks a lot.

saurabhisbc, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  12. saurabhisbc

saurabhisbc Member

Best Answers:
    Even I agree on that traditional stuff still works but don't have the same impact which it used to have earlier and yes the exploration of new ways is the only way ahead.

saurabhisbc, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  13. om3

om3 Member

Best Answers:
    Yes, if you are trying to buy links from relevant websites then avoid PAID footer/sidebar links rather try to have them within webpage content.

om3, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  14. superyacht

superyacht Peon

Best Answers:
    Really good information provided by you.

superyacht, Jul 18, 2011 IP
  15. Amritaverma

Amritaverma Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    One of the most important is to get links relevant to your website, links that are placed within content which is also related to site.Links are valid, no matter what algorithm updates you are referring.The websites having better contents and apparently finer links have been found on first pages of Google for their targeted terms. Updates are happening all the time but the all link building strategies are the best solution to increase the traffic on your website.

Amritaverma, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  16. nidcha

nidcha Peon

Best Answers:
    Try directly back links form related content websites and back links from social network website.

nidcha, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  17. expertofexperts

expertofexperts Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am enjoying high PR blog comments as they are getting my work done in a month which usually took 3 months...

expertofexperts, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  18. GrantDraper

GrantDraper Active Member

Best Answers:
    Just don't spend too much time on all these crappy links. You can bookmark all day long, but I doubt that will help you a great deal in terms of SEO or traffic (unless you have something that is likely to go viral). All I've done is obtained decent PR links on relevant sites...just a handful... and that's helped my forums rank well.

GrantDraper, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  19. sunithatbs

sunithatbs Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with you but still whatever may be the algorithm search engines still gives the prominence to links, so we need to think different in achieving high number of in-bound links but in different way.

sunithatbs, Jul 19, 2011 IP
  20. glennforum

glennforum Peon

Best Answers:
    I think Google's update in its algorithm does not pertain to Links but rather to content, that is, to make original and high quality content. So I guess the different white hat link building strategies are still valid.

glennforum, Jul 19, 2011 IP