1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Laptop

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sezerb, Aug 2, 2006.

I have been using my crappy run down desktop for a while now and I think it's time to upgrade. I'm thinking about getting a wireless router and purchasing a laptop so I can use my computer while sitting in my recliner :). Does anyone have any suggestions for a quality laptop? Anyone happy with the current laptop they are using? I will be using it to mainly to surf the web but will play the occasional game. Price isn't a problem as long as I get what I pay for. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

sezerb, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  2. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    timsdd, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  3. sezerb

sezerb Guest

Best Answers:
    It looks good but I was thinking something more in the dual core variety

sezerb, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  4. timsdd

timsdd Peon

Best Answers:
    DC looks pretty sweet, go for it!

the other thing I was going to mention, I was at an electronics store today (Best Buy) and good grief, if all the laptops screen they had in house looked like postage stamps compared to mine. I don't think I saw one of them that matched mine.

so don't skimp on the LCD!

timsdd, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  5. dotcomguy

dotcomguy Peon

Best Answers:
    dotcomguy, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  6. sezerb

sezerb Guest

Best Answers:
    That looks sweet. but wasn't there recently a recall on dell notebooks due to exploding batteries?

sezerb, Aug 2, 2006 IP
  7. dotcomguy

dotcomguy Peon

Best Answers:
    your kiddin right?

I own a dell notebook, do you know what models?

So technically im typing this post with a potential BOMB?!?!?

8. dotcomguy

dotcomguy Peon

Best Answers:
    Just googled it and i'm happy to report I will not be killed by my notebook.

For other Dell notebook users heres the effected models

The batteries were sold between 5 October 2004 and 13 October 2005 with Precision M20 and M70 machines; Inspiron 510M, 600M, 6000, 8600, 9200, 9300 and XPS Gen 2; and Latitude D410, D505, D510, D600, D610, D800 and D810 computers. They were also sold as standalone batteries, or offered as replacements for failed batteries under warranty or some other service package.

if your affected get your "non-volitile" battery replacement here -- > https://www.dellbatteryprogram.com/.

and Yes I know i'm 7 months behind the times..

9. Technoworld

Technoworld Peon

Best Answers:
    I sell cheap laptops via www.technoworld.com and all discounted to undercut the high street and have all major brands available Acer Sony Toshiba Lenovo HP etc .

Only supply in the UK and we are listed on manufacturer websites as an approved online supplier so have a look as I sell over 2000 laptops per month.

Trading since 1995 so no probs with references etc

Technoworld, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  10. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    Suggestions: Do not purchase a Sony or Toshiba laptop, they have problems with the cooling fan (you can look this up on google! It's a VERY common problem). Basically the cooling fan collects dusts, gets really hot, then shuts down.

From my experience with a Toshiba laptop, it gets really annoying and you can't place your laptop on flat surfaces, you have to make sure the cooling fan isn't block or else it'll shut down!

I would probably recomment an HP laptop (I saw one that has 7 hours of battery life!). Battery life is a must, so you should check that out too.

Good luck! :)

8everything, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  11. guy123

guy123 Guest

Best Answers:
    My sister just ordered a HP with a duo but hasn't gotten it yet..but I think HP is the way to go

guy123, Aug 12, 2006 IP
  12. intrinzik

intrinzik Peon

Best Answers:
    i have a Dell Inspiron 6000, and i very happy with it. only flaws i have with it is it doesnt run some of my games ultra smooth and the battery life is sum were around 3 hours if i dont do anything, if i run a game/ photoshop its drops real quick...but other than that no complints at all.

intrinzik, Aug 12, 2006 IP