1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New ISP Needing Help

Discussion in 'Optigold ISP' started by nanoburn, Jun 3, 2004.

We have been doing webhosting and design for 3 years now, and before we configured everything manually with config files and webmin. Now that we have decided to expand into doing dial-ups in our very rural area that needs a good dial-up provider, we have chosen to use OptigoldISP and the recommended Radiator. We have all software installed on a Win2003 Enterprise server.

We have run into a couple problems with the first being upgrading Filemaker 5.5 unlimited/webserver to the latest version. As soon as we open up 5.5 it gives us a message asking if we want to update to the newest version, and we tell it yes. We then proceed to download the 5.5v2 updater (which is the same one that comes with the distribution we received from DP) and install it. We then proceed to answer all appropriate questions such as the software license and then click next to install. It then returns and error message as follows:

This error message has a retry and cancel button, but nothing else. How do i update this software so i'll stop seeing this message to update to the newest version?

Next problem is trying to get the webserver to login automatically. Do I really have to go into the server anytime it is rebooted to put in that password so the webserver can start up? What happens if we loose power long enough so that the machine looses power. When it comes back up i'll have to be here to start it with the password?

I'd also like to customize the look of the webserver to intigrate it into our existing site, but our site is hosted on Linux instead of IIS. Is this possible or do i need to move it to our Win2003 webserver and install the web connector? I've noticed a few times while looking through the forums and the newsgroup archives some hints at skins, but haven't really found alot of info on it yet.

I am also really lost at how to configure OptigoldISP. I understand most of the stuff about the billing, but what i'm lost in is how to setup so that the emails and stuff are setup on my other servers. We have a users server, a hosting server, a mysql server, and 2 dns servers that are all Linux based and we also have a win2003 web edition server. How do I setup OptigoldISP to create all those user virtual email accounts on the users server, the virtualhost and emails on the hosting server, create dns entries, and create the databases for customers? I'm like really lost in this aspect of the software. I can go to Webmin/Virtualmin on each server and create what i need by hand, but shouldn't Optigold do it for me?

Another thing i'm lost on is how to setup Radiator to work with Optigold. Do I just copy the example Optigold config file into the radiator config file and be done with it? The guy that is setting up my Cisco gateway keeps asking me what port my radius server is running on and what shared password we will be using. I don't have a clue what to tell him.

I'm almost to the point of looking for a consultant that isn't too outrageously expensive to come set this up for me.

Can anyone help me?

nanoburn, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    The update error is due to an issue where the installer unpacks the files it needs, but then Windows deletes them with it's protection service. If you email , they can send you a copy of the updater with the files already unpacked.

For auto-logging in the web interface:
    You can install the WSC on Linux if you wish, it should have a RPM for the WSC.

You can control/provision your servers by using the server events under Maintenance & Preferences -> Server Events Setup -> New Style Events (that also applies to your radius server).

digitalpoint, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  3. nanoburn

nanoburn Peon

Best Answers:
    email to is getting returned

nanoburn, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  4. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I checked the queue and emails are coming in fine. What's the error message you are getting a bounce back with?

digitalpoint, Jun 3, 2004 IP
  5. nanoburn

nanoburn Peon

Best Answers:
    went through this morning

nanoburn, Jun 4, 2004 IP