1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Iphone 6.....like it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Baker Jaz, Feb 20, 2015.

Who here is having trouble with their new iphone 6 and want to go back to their previous apple iphone due to convenience? Mainly because of the size?

Baker Jaz, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  2. digitalpoint

digitalpoint Overlord of no one Staff

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Did you get the giant one? I have the normal sized one, and I like it.

digitalpoint, Feb 20, 2015 IP
  3. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes the giant one. 6 plus. It has caused heaps of problems for my colleagues. Main problem was the inability to utilize one hand to do everything with your thumb.

Baker Jaz, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  4. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I think it has a mode somewhere that reduces the screen size just for that purpose.

digitalpoint, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  5. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've got the normal 6 and love it. I only know one person with the 6+ and I think she's happy enough.

Long before the 6+ was actually available there were lots of commentators talking about how both phones now made use of just the thumb impractical. Did those guys not read all that stuff and take it into consideration. It's a lot of money to spend on a whim.

I'm ancient so I tend to hold the phone in one hand and use a finger - and you need to have two digits anyway to do lots of things like zooming so you might as well hold it properly.

sarahk, Feb 21, 2015 IP
  6. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yo Shawn, by the way WELCOME BACK bro. Didn't get a chance to say that from your ordeal you went through from last year. Must feel good to be back.

Baker Jaz, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  7. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, I would think so but there are still many I know of that just bought the phone because it is the newest thing from apple. Isn't that always the case for apple products? I think that's the reason they make soooo much moolah.

I am wondering though, is there anything else that you peeps dislike about the new iphone 6 that would make you return it?

8. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I really like mine, but I knew I didn't want the big one... I just have the normal 4.6" iPhone 6.

A few things I wanted on it that made me upgrade from a iPhone 5 (I didn't have a 5S):
    • Fingerprint unlock is super handy, and I didn't have a 5S, so I didn't have it on my old phone.
    • Same with the slow-mo video stuff... everything looks better slow-mo, and since I didn't have a 5S, it's new for me). I don't take pictures or video much though, so not really a huge reason for me). But the camera is pretty fantastic when I do.
    • Wifi Calling... I switched to T-Mobile when I got the new phone just for this (have to have a phone and carrier that support it, and right now only T-Mobile supports it in the US). Service is sketchy around my house, but I always have wifi, so...
    • Needed more storage space (my old phone was 32GB and after all my music goes on it [it's an iPod too afterall], it's full). I got the 128GB on my new one.
    • Apple Pay... The convenience is nice, but was more interested in the security... Buy something with it and the merchant never gets your actual credit card. So tired of having credit cards reissued because Target or Home Depot or whoever got hacked and lost my credit card. Credit card was replaced 4 times last year and so annoying to have to setup auto-pay stuff with everything each time.
    • The bigger screen is nice, but I didn't feel like I really needed it. Although going back to an iPhone 5 sucks as far as the screen size after having the new one. :)

digitalpoint, Feb 23, 2015 IP
  9. Baker Jaz

Baker Jaz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ^^^Dang, 128 Gigs..........I didn't know they had that for the iphone. And yup, wifi calling is very handy since I always have it on at all times. Nice list of upgrades you got there. Any thing you dislike about your new phone? Like is there anything that bugs you about it and what you wish the phone would have?

10. digitalpoint

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Nah... works pretty well. Pretty happy with it.

Oh, and back to the original issue of the screen being too big... double tab the home button... TAP, *not* click, and the screen kicks into Reachability mode.

digitalpoint, Feb 23, 2015 IP