1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Info Product Idea

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by CrazySmitty, Jul 7, 2015.

Hi all.

So after much deliberation and thought I've decided I'm gonna create my first real product. But first I'm gonna give my DP family the nuts and bolts of it for free. It's based on something that I started doing fairly recently and am seeing some very promising results.

Before I go into what it is, I have to make a disclaimer: Not sure how soon I'll come out with it. I always see stuff about creating info products quickly... this one's gonna take me a little time. I'll probably do it as video training with some study guide PDFs with it - something like that.

I'll also be doing some research so that I can include some good resources. I have a few already, the ones I've been using to do what the course will describe. I'd like to put more in. The more resources I can make available, the more the competition will be spread out so the whole thing doesn't become too saturated.

Which, by the way, was what made me hesitant to publish anything on the idea. I'm just being honest. You see these guys who come out with a product and they tell you that their reason for sharing is because they're so altruistic and they just want to help you out now because they've already made a ton of money with the idea and now they want to give back. And the only reason they're even charging anything for it is because they just want to make sure only serious people get their hands on it. Whatever.

I don't claim to be that altruistic. In fact, I'll just be brutally honest - I'm mostly looking out for my own interests. And I believe that's true for most of us. Oh, sure, we like to help people as we're able, but not at the expense of putting our own business at risk.

The thing is, I'm noticing that I'm not the only one doing or teaching this. So, word's gonna get out anyway. And they say the most important thing you have in IM for a long-term business is your reputation. And you get a good reputation by offering value. So, if the value is gonna come anyway, I figure, let me bring it.

I'm guessing my candor will make you either love me or hate me. Well, another thing they say in IM is that you can't please everyone. And while what I'm about to share with you isn't the completed course and you will need to do some of the research for yourself, you all are kind of my test audience and you're getting it for free. Warts and all.

So here it is in a nutshell:

I recently started exploring the idea that to make really good money quickly, you have to sell high ticket items. Now, I'm sure that's not new to most of you unless you're a newbie. But I started delving into it a little deeper. I think a lot of people are afraid to try it because they're afraid people won't buy stuff if it's too expensive.

As human beings we have a tendency to project our own mentality onto others. I assume people won't buy something that costs so much because I wouldn't buy it at that price. But not everyone thinks like that. In fact, I've known people with money who wouldn't step foot into a place like the dollar store. But those same people may unwittingly buy a figurine on ebay for $15 not knowing that the seller bought it from the dollar store.

I used to be one of the poorest people in one of the most affluent counties in the US. I knew people who would only shop at certain high-priced stores. I remember being in one store with my ex-wife (wife at the time) and she was looking at clothes for our daughter. They had this one dress for somewhere in the neighborhood of $30 - as I recall, give or take. Then we went into one of these more "upper-crust" stores. They had the same exact dress for $95.

The reason they could do that is something that if you're a newbie and haven't heard of in IM yet... you will. It's called perceived value. It means that by charging more for something you make it seem more valuable.

Again, in IM, trust and reputation is important so you do NOT want to do this if it's gonna be real obvious to the buyer once they've bought the product that it's total crap. Quality is important. And that also means that if you're selling high ticket items to wealthy people, you not only have to make sure you're selling quality products, but if you have a website, make it nice. Make it super nice. Hire someone if you have to. And make sure you've seen samples of their work.

The resources I'll be offering in the course will be affiliate offers with high ticket merchandise. You can find stuff on ClickBank, for example, by searching various categories in the marketplace looking at price, gravity, etc. Anything you look at and consider selling, do your homework on it. Make sure it has good reviews - and not just from affiliates who are trying to sell it.

Amazon is also a good place to look for high ticket stuff, but bear in mind that their commission is low. They start you out at 4%. But you can get that number up a little higher if you're getting stuff sold. But even with a 4% commission you can make some good money if you're making some high-ticket sales. And the good thing is, it isn't like selling a $7 ebook where you have to sell virtually hundreds if not thousands to meet your financial goals. If you sold one $20,000 pair of diamond earrings, at 4% you would make $800 from just one sale. If you made just one or two of those a day, that would be great, right?

Finding what to sale is actually harder than finding your target audience. You'll find them with paid advertising on Facebook. Here's the really cool thing about Facebook advertising: It has tools that let you get very specific in choosing your target audience.

You can target people based on age (never go younger than 25 when looking for buyers). Gender. Education. Job title (you can query for things like CEO, CFO, etc.) income and, significantly, spending habits.

You get that? You can target your advertising based on people who have a lot of money and actively spend a lot of money online. It doesn't get much better than that. No... wait... it does:

You also target your audience based on their interests. So, since you can't exactly look at what they actually spend money on, you can get a pretty close guess by what things pique their interests. So in other words, you have this information available to you:

1. Who has a lot of money
    2. Of those who have a lot of money, who actively spends a lot of money online, and
    3. What kinds of things they probably spend money on (niche).

So, like I said, when I get the product created I'll have a lot of the blanks filled in. But if you do your homework and are willing and able to make some initial investments, you can definitely make some money with this.

Good luck!

CrazySmitty, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  2. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Are you still planning to post it on https://www.udemy.com/ ? Personally, I will not be interested if I have to go through a subscription or some beta testing / email harvesting (not that I am implicating you or anything like that), but if it's offered as a free course on a site like udemy (or youtube for that matter), then, sure I'll be more than happy to check it out and spread the word around.

qwikad.com, Jul 7, 2015 IP
  3. CrazySmitty

CrazySmitty Member

Best Answers:
    I hadn't really decided that yet. But udemy is a possibility. No I wasn't thinking a subscription kind of thing necessarily. Although I'm not gonna rule out the possibility of using it to do some list building. But I haven't figured all of that out yet.

CrazySmitty, Jul 8, 2015 IP