1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Index Page

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by mizt, Apr 1, 2005.

Ok guys I can't think clearly tonight and was looking for someone that can solve my problem. My client wants his index page changed to the forum. How can I do this can I somehow mask "index.htm" as "forum/index.htm". I'd really hate to do a redirect.

mizt, Apr 1, 2005 IP
  2. uca

uca Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Leaving out any redirect means a lot, but maybe you could use frames?
    I can't think of anything else, but remember that frames are tricky coming to SEO.

uca, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  3. ResaleBroker

ResaleBroker Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to change your default directory page from “index” to something else, and you’re on an Apache Server, with Mod_rewrite installed, you can add this code to your .htaccess file:

DirectoryIndex otherpage.html

You can also set it up so that if the default page isn’t found that another takes its place:

DirectoryIndex otherpage.html differentpage.html

Of course, use the appropriate file extension for your web pages [.html, .php, etc.]

ResaleBroker, Apr 2, 2005 IP
  4. mohamad1983

mohamad1983 Peon

Best Answers:
    hey guys iam new to this...but what does the .htaccess file does exactly? can seomeone send me where i can find that???

mohamad1983, Apr 2, 2005 IP