1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New in this world, help!!!

Discussion in 'eCommerce' started by she***, Feb 5, 2015.

Hello guys,
    I am thinking of opening o Online store (shopify?), and I want to sell in Brazil Market (com.br) and here in US too, is that possible?
    Shopify said it is possible, but what about payment method? or shipping?
    This shipping thing is hard to chose, there is soooo many options!! USPS, FEDEX, UPS and standard, express, priority, blinkofaeye....
    Any help are welcome...

thx

She***

she***, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  2. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    for the location you can have the same site and site name but for 2 different locations e.g. oninestore.com (for US) and onlinestore.com.br (for Brazil). the sites will look the same but obviously the checkout and shipping may be a little different.

robby1995, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  3. she***

she*** Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank for your reply!
    But Do I have to do 2 website(2 host account)? Or can I just do upper left of the page change US to BR and set the different checkout and shipping?

she***, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  4. robby1995

robby1995 Member

Best Answers:
    You can pay for one hosting account and have 2 domains. and have the change to US to BR in the top of the page. alternatively if you don't care about the domain you can have just .com domain and they can select their region on checkout but i think 2 different domains will be easier to manage and better for you.

robby1995, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  5. she***

she*** Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you, you helped a lot!

she***, Feb 5, 2015 IP
  6. mkrstic

mkrstic Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I don't know for shopify, but I know that magento allows you to have 2 totally different online web stores with different domains (also different category structure, different language, different products) but in only one application. That means, you do not need to install magento twice, only one installation is enough and there you can manage the products, orders, customers, payment methods, shipping methods and so on only in that place for you both web shops.

mkrstic, Feb 8, 2015 IP
  7. JimABlackmore

JimABlackmore Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    yes, right solution. you should select at least two domains if you are paying for one hosting account.

JimABlackmore, Feb 8, 2015 IP