1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New In Blogs

Discussion in 'Blogging' started by greggy, Feb 11, 2005.

1. SEbasic

SEbasic Peon

Best Answers:
    Back on topic...
    Yes.

A blog can help increase SE traffic if you use them well...

Blogs are quick to set up, almost instantly SEO'd and mostly free to set up, so if you think about it like that, then they're a real quick way of setting up new sites really quickly and cheaply (Heck, you don't even have to design a layout or anything).

But blogs aren't by any means an easy road to SE god-likeness. ;)

If you write lots of content, submit to all of the blogging and syndication services (MyYahoo!, technorati, blo.gs - Anything you can think of), then you can develop quite a bit of traffic, backlinks, and more repeat visits (Think Syndication)... ;) :)

SEbasic, Feb 22, 2005 IP
  2. Intsecure

Intsecure Peon

Best Answers:
    To make a good blog takes more dedication then I thought.......you can see the difference of a site with good content and no content. Basically the advantage of a blog with alot of content is unlike regular websites you don't have to search hard for the content your searching for. Blogs are also great for linkbacks and don't require a proffesional webmaster to maintain which means people with great content can now put it on the internet making it that much better.

Intsecure, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  3. dakar

dakar Active Member

Best Answers:
    What's interesting is watching what adsense does by reviewing content, the ads change almost daily because i've been posting just random this or that, but on the same note I've figured out some big keywords to drive some some higher paying ads to display as well as stuff that will draw nothing but PSA's.

Maybe I've just nuts but it's interesting to watch and see how G reacts to certain keywords.

dakar, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  4. sadcox66

sadcox66 Spirit Walker

Best Answers:
    No Kidding there... I spent about 5 minutes there... more than I spent on any site today.

You will get a lot of traffic - I can relate to your blog and it serves a purpose, I will let you know what it is when it comes to me...

Hope it ranks high on the SERPs :)

sadcox66, Mar 11, 2005 IP
  5. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I got sucked in as well, couldn't stop until I had read the lot :D :D

Sienfeld was never as riveting as your blog :cool:

Cyclops, Mar 23, 2005 IP
  6. 5starAffiliates

5starAffiliates Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Man I DID NOT expect that! I just peaked at his blog to check out the design.
    No time to lurk. Got totally sucked in too. :)

I have been totally immersed in my new Affiliate Marketing and SEO blog network, ALL biz, ALL for traffic. Never even considered how sticky a blog just for fun would be. Wow I could have fun with a blog and also get traffic. I think I just had a light bulb moment. Thanks dude! :D

5starAffiliates, Mar 23, 2005 IP