1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Guy Need Help. Help me get more members.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Clubtitan.org, Oct 23, 2004.

First off I do not code or build sites for a living. I own and operate 2 car club sites for fun. If possible I may be able to get a business' to place ad's on my site. Like I said these sites are for fun not profit. I want to get more members though. How do I get my sites to pull in more members with search engines. Are there any tricks you could show an average person to make their site more visible. I have been able to figure out quite a bit from hands on experience as far as operating the sites goes. I thought it might be more than I could handle but sar far so good. Thanks ahead of time for any help you may be able to give. By the way the sites are www.clubtitan.org and www.clubarmada.com
    Thanks again
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Oct 23, 2004 IP
  2. melfan

melfan Peon

Best Answers:
    If you want to pull members from SE first your site must be visible from these SE's. You can target a particular keyword such as "car club" and optimise your site on it. You can learn a lot from these forum on how to do that but it takes time. You can start by searching on "search engine optimization" tutorials on google.

You can also try pay-per-click advertising on overture and adwords to fast start the traffic on your site.

Goodluck and welcome!

melfan, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  3. Trance-formation

Trance-formation Peon

Best Answers:
    And check out www.theforumzone.com

I was recently advised to do so over my forum and really wish I had had a look their first :)

Trance-formation, Oct 24, 2004 IP
  4. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Trading links with car/automotive related sites will really help too. So you may want to add a links page so you can reciprocate. That will get you traffic and if you use keyword rich anchor text it will help your placement in the SE's as well.

hightide13, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  5. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi nice to see someone close. I'm in Greenville. Nice link also xmarksthescot.com my people are also of Scottish descent I am a McCall. http://www.clanmccall.org/ . To tell you the truth I am new to all this Search Engine placements and stuff. If you could explain a little to me about Keyword Rich Anchor Text it would be helpful.
    Thanks
    M4ck

Clubtitan.org, Oct 25, 2004 IP
  6. hightide13

hightide13 Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do a search on this forum for "anchor text" you will find that it is the text that someone uses to link to your site.

<a href="http://www.domain.com">anchor text</a>

so if you are trying to get high rankings in the search engines for the keyphrase "car club forum" (or whatever keywords you are targeting) get people to link to your site like this:

<a href="http://www.yoursite.com">car club forum</a>

Glad to see another South CatchaScratchy person on here.
    Do you go to any Highland Games?

hightide13, Oct 26, 2004 IP
  7. Clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the detail information there. I have not gotten to attend any games yet but my family has. I have wanted to for a long time but just havent had the opportunity. I will hopefully get to go to some soon. I had actually hoped to try and get involved in some because I am very competative and very big. LOL I am about 6' 6" and 320 lbs. I believe I might do pretty well. I was always athletic and played football and wrestled in school.
    Thanks again.
    If you have any other great tips or Highland Game info in our area let me know.
    M4ck M4ck@clubtitan.org

Clubtitan.org, Oct 26, 2004 IP