1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New forum needs members.

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by jessihere, Jun 30, 2013.

How can I get new members?Please help me. and my forum title is Digital Cameras Problem. http://www.dslrproblems.com

jessihere, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  2. SecretDownload

SecretDownload Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    First off, get some content. More content = more pages indexed = more people finding you from Google.

Take off the ads until you start getting people in.

Start conversations - people read conversations not posts.

I think you may find that forums are dying since g+ and facebook stole their thunder.

SecretDownload, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  3. fare

fare Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can kick start your new forum by purchasing forum posting service which helps to start discussions and make your forum seems more active.

fare, Jun 30, 2013 IP
  4. Vernard

Vernard Member

Best Answers:
    Try building up more content so your board does not look empty. Also, try post exchanging. You can find post exchanging communities by running a quick google search.

Vernard, Jul 17, 2013 IP
  5. jessihere

jessihere Peon

Best Answers:
    Can I copy other sites threads and posts?

jessihere, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  6. Meshuggah666

Meshuggah666 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey can i join your forum?

Meshuggah666, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  7. Arick unirow

Arick unirow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Don't do this. It will make you get lots of troubles later on. It would not only make your forum gone from the history but also will cost you some copyrights infringements. Some of them may ended up in courts.
    To give you solutions, kindly read these suggestions:
    1. Forum is community. Let's it flow as is. If you own the forum, Just post a structured contents which is loved by Search Engine and all people. Do you remember how to make 'a good research proposal' or 'Dissertation'?
      Write structured and planned content in daily basis. It will improve the rank of your forum, make your forum shown up more often in related category in SERP and attract more peoples to sign up. Lots of discussion will happen in your lovely forum.
      I have done it in the past and it still works. The only requirement needed are:
      - You have to be an expert in the topic. In this case, you have to understand about Camera including DSL and how they work. Troubleshooting Camera is another skills to be mastered.
      - You should learn about related skills as well. Think how to fix DSL/camera and How to take picture using the camera.
      - Learn how to sell and get camera and what kind of product that will be useful for Photographer. Both Professional and new Learner will love you for doing this. Don't use affiliate ads before your forum has at least ten thousands of members.
    2. Don't be panic. Every forum owner face the same problems as yours. Think carefully and plan wisely. If you think today you find it is difficult to get members, Next problem could be how to make your forum run faster. There would be problems. Think wisely to solve it. If you have problems, you may need to discuss with professional in the topic. There are another forum discuss about Forum related things. I was a member in that forum and found some helpful webmasters. You may need to join in the forum as well.
      Please understand I'm not going to show what forum it is as it would fall into promoting another forum in DP. What I want to explain is "Find help from Professional. Discuss it with all people is not bad idea but you'll get better answer by asking from experienced webmasters". You don't need to join any forum. Just get the right person to discuss about it.
      I love photography but I know nothing about forum and how to manage it. My limited knowledge wouldn't sufficient enough to help you.
    3. If all fails, you may need to invite a someone whom really interested to discuss about DSL/camera and photography. Explain the problems and one or two of them may able to help you.
    Last, if you really serious to be forum owner, think about all what it takes to develop forum. The software, hardware used to run it and what kind of rules you need to implement. Privacy and TOS are two important things which should available in every pages. Another important aspect is "Quality is better than Quantity. Quality member is better than low quality members. A single High Quality post is better than thousands garbage posts"
    Good luck with your adventures.
    Arick.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2013
    Arick unirow, Jul 20, 2013 IP
    SecretDownload likes this.
  8. adenquiry

adenquiry Member

Best Answers:
    Buy forum posting services. You can get 100 posts for $5 or so. Once your forum gets populated by users, you will get more users automatically.

adenquiry, Jul 20, 2013 IP
  9. krishatnet

krishatnet Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There is a site called forumpromotion they offers fp cash for members for their activity in their forum you can use that cash to get posts to your forum.

krishatnet, Aug 4, 2013 IP