1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Forum and people

Discussion in 'Forum Management' started by DigitalLover, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    While doing what you have done does require experience, if you really want to help people why not give them advice on making their forum shine rather then telling them to close it? Then maybe one day you'll find that the person who you helped has had success and you can think "Oh wow, I helped that guy" and maybe you can feel proud of what you have done. If you actually give someone advice when they need it, who knows.. they might also give you some advice when you need it to return the favor ;)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Stingerftw, Feb 19, 2010 IP
  2. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Also requires common sense. You can't make dumb people smart by giving them advice.

It's obvious to me OP isn't cut out to run a forum.

It's like a bird giving a fish advice on flying.

RectangleMan, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  3. Stingerftw

Stingerftw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    No but you can make them have more knowledge from a sucessful forum owner and eventually help them become smart ;)

We all start somewhere mate, why not give him some advice which im sure someone else may have also given you.

Stingerftw, Feb 20, 2010 IP
  4. goldenprince000

goldenprince000 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Seems, we need few posts of advice for forum managements too,
    Rectangle man, i can understand what you are saying, but think in this way...
    lot of other people will read the same thread, and will be reading the thread just to get one missing idea, which they were wandering about... to get more post counts from the recent additions.

Forum management is really require some serious work and specially time.

goldenprince000, Feb 21, 2010 IP
  5. howinfo

howinfo Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not close your forum just yet, If you give up now you will never get any experience. I am in the same situation as you, we recently started a new forum so I am looking forward to some helpful replies to your original question.

howinfo, Mar 13, 2010 IP