1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Facebook Marketing article reveals that "The Gold is in the News Feed"

Discussion in 'Facebook' started by vishyjames, May 8, 2008.

This article shows how basically one can cleverly use the News Feed feature in Facebook (without spamming) to gain traffic and promote ones site or brand. Its quite a sneaky way and is 100% legit and you wont get flagged.

This trick has not been publicly exploited and is know to very few people. I guess one can use it without abusing it, until Facebook changes their policy of what they display in the News Feed - which is BTW the most prominent element EVERY user sees as soon as they log in to their Facebook account.

Do read this and please share your 2 cents and any additional comments on this clever marketing tactic. I would've posted the full article here - but they have some nifty images and diagrams on how to go about this step by step on the main blog post.

http://www.successonline.in/the-gold-is-in-the-facebook-news-feed/

After reading this and playing around with a bit - if you come up with any clever combination (the technique this article talks about) - then please share it ONLY HERE with fellow members, otherwise IT WILL GET OVERUSED and may not be effective if too many people get to know about this.

thank you!

vishyjames, May 8, 2008 IP
  2. vishyjames

vishyjames Peon

Best Answers:
    Please come back here and share your results with everyone. It will help us understanding how to "play" the Facebook system better the legitimate way. I am sure many will learn some new tips and combination techniques.

thanks!!!

vishyjames, May 8, 2008 IP
  3. magda

magda Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's a nice article - but there's no trick involved. Basically what he's saying is that the best way to get something out of any social networking site, is to put something into it - be involved, make 'friends', use the facilities the site provides, communicate with people.

magda, May 8, 2008 IP
  4. lappy512

lappy512 Peon

Best Answers:
    That's basically it. I read through it, and while it's a good explanation of Facebook for a newbie, it didn't really provide new information.

All it really said is that if enough people join your "Groups" or "events", it will show up on their friend's news feeds, and so on so forth if it's interesting enough.

lappy512, May 8, 2008 IP
  5. clinton

clinton Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    like we didn't knwo that before LOL

clinton, May 8, 2008 IP
  6. scutari

scutari Peon

Best Answers:
    well, but if you do not have a similar site to facebook?

scutari, May 8, 2008 IP
  7. WebmasterB

WebmasterB Peon

Best Answers:
    I find that the most easy way is to Facebook Market is to make an event or group and invite people in a related event/group.

WebmasterB, May 8, 2008 IP
  8. SpringH

SpringH Peon

Best Answers:
    Anything posted on famous forum like DP will get OVERUSED in a short period, you know?

SpringH, May 8, 2008 IP
  9. hamish31

hamish31 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah i've known the whole facebook thing for awhile now. With the whole news feed thing, you can get better results using twitter, but a combination of both would probably work well also.

Nice article.

hamish31, May 8, 2008 IP
  10. pioneer1

pioneer1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for great article. news feeds is good. Iuse it one one of my sites

Twitter is also very good

pioneer1, May 8, 2008 IP