1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New England Deep Chill

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jrbiz, Feb 4, 2023.

So, as I have said many times before, I really do not know why anyone lives here in New England. This winter had actually been quite mild with above-average temps and not a single shovel-able snow event. Of course, Mother Nature could not let this stand. :)

Woke up this morning to one of the lowest temps I have seen in decades: -9F/-23C. The windchill factor is being calculated at -33F/-36C. At temps like this, you can get frostbite on your extremities in a few minutes, water pipes freeze and break, vehicles won't start, etc. On a more humorous note, if you have a moustache like I do, your moist breath coming out of your nose freezes immediately on the moustache and you begin to get icicles on it.

Fortunately, temps are expected to rise back up to a relatively toasty 19F/-7C this afternoon. At least the cold does not have to be shoveled like the snow. :)

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2023 IP
  2. Spoiltdiva

Spoiltdiva Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    We had the same weather system here last week and it went down to -20F. In December it went down to -30F with a wind chill factor of -40F. Now it is expected to be between 38-42F(3-5C) all week.

Spoiltdiva, Feb 4, 2023 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Likewise, it is predicted that we are going to hit 47F/8C here, tomorrow. Will feel like a heat wave. :)

jrbiz, Feb 4, 2023 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Well, we dodged a bullet here in RI the past 24 hours. A massive Nor'easter hit New England and parts of Massachusetts and New Hampshire got as much as 3 feet/.9 meters of snow. We got rain plus a dusting of snow overnight. :)

Hopefully, this is the last big storm of winter for the season.

jrbiz, Mar 15, 2023 IP
    qwikad.com likes this.