1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Domain Name

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by l0cke, Jul 12, 2004.

I just purchased yet another domain name but will probably not have the site up for a month or two if I'm lucky. In the meantime should I throw a static intro page up and start collecting backlinks with the anchor text I will be using or should I wait until I launch the site? I am thinking I should start collecting backlinks right away..

l0cke, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  2. disgust

disgust Guest

Best Answers:
    most sites (even directories) won't be too eager to give you links if all you have is an intro/splash page.

disgust, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  3. l0cke

l0cke Active Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking from my own established sites..

l0cke, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  4. PR10.info

PR10.info Guest

Best Answers:
    @l0cke

Try it :rolleyes:
    I just launched my site 2 weeks ago and did the same before.
    Now i´m waiting for the Google Update :D

Kind regards by Chantal :) - Team PR10.info

PR10.info, Jul 12, 2004 IP
  5. Owlcroft

Owlcroft Peon

Best Answers:
    It is often said, and I myself agree, that it is unwise to open the doors to a shop with empty shelves.

The small, one-time break on possible sandboxing is not worth the potential loss of visitors who find the site in the SERPs, go there, and find a dummy page. Few will return.

Owlcroft, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  6. web-inspect.com

web-inspect.com Peon

Best Answers:
    It's not a bad idea. Your IBL's will be caught in the Sandbox anyway, so you might as well let some of the them age while you wait to launch.

web-inspect.com, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  7. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I'm sort of in the same situation. I've laid out my splash page with meta tags etc., and a graphic saying coming soon whilst in the background I'm working feverously away on it. The thing is spiders are already indexing the homepage which is a pain since the site is still being developed.

misohoni, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  8. Nitin M

Nitin M White/Gray/Black Hat

Best Answers:
    I definitely get a dummy page up and throw my own links at it while i'm building it. These sites are not so much sticky, community sites, they are sites being built exclusively for SERPs traffic and I know I won't be placing well for the first couple of months.

I personally am a sandbox believer as it is affecting my new sites consistently. So, I put up a temporary homepage and throw links at new domains on day 1 (literally) and then go from there. My temporary page just has the title, meta tags, and an opening paragraph with some of the correct keywords placed on it.

Nitin M, Jul 13, 2004 IP
  9. web-inspect.com

web-inspect.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Exactly, but remember that is effects links not sites, however it may seem that it is the site being affected because it's new.

web-inspect.com, Jul 14, 2004 IP