1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Directory - yet another

Discussion in 'Solicitations & Announcements' started by nandini, Nov 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    nandini, Nov 15, 2004 IP
    infonote likes this.
  2. Elee

Elee Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Is this a PAID Directory???

Elee, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  3. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    We do offer free submissions to Quality non-profit and information heavy non commercial sites.

For details you can visit here.

nandini, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  4. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    good luck with it Nandini, although I sent you many emails to your emailbox on another forum with no reply...but I guess you are busy!

Perhaps you could answer the questions here...

What features does your site have compared to others?

misohoni, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  5. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi Misohoni, sorry but it seems I lost your mails..
    WebAtlas was designed from the grounds up to be search engine friendly. Amongst other features this includes features such as:
    keyword rich filenames and multiple resource links for each listed site links in addition to your homepage link from the directory.

Webatlas has also got some good link popularity which is shown by its total indexed pages by GG in just 15 to 20 days.

I would suggest you to spare few seconds at WebAtlas.org.

You will find some (if not overally unique) good features, nice and crisp layout, ease of website and category search, and overall SE friendly pages.

Thanks for asking ...
    We also have a support forum for WebAtlas for all your queries..

Nandini

nandini, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  6. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    misohoni, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  7. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    Opinion differs for individuals..
    I took many days to discuss the features which could be beneficial to webmasters as well as general users.
    And tried to incorporate the best features available...

I think I am doing a fair job, but I value critisicm and feedback which helps me to improve more every time.

Thanks Misohoni, any more features you like to see, so that it could be different...

And I am working hard to get some good links, so that webmasters submitting to it can be benefitted by its link popularity.

I have also designed pages such that websites listed should get maximum link popularity from the directory itself.

for eg.. http://www.webatlas.org/profile/Computers/Internet/Macromedia/
    As you can see there are 21 links. 6 links go to the website itself, with 4 deep links and 2 links to the homepage. 6 other links go to the keywords page, for which site is itself listed in those 6 pages.

And rest are internal links except 3 external links including Alexa, and two to support forums.

Now the point is. in this way the link popularity of this page will be distributed maximum to the featured site itself.

nandini, Nov 15, 2004 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    Best looking directory I've seen in a while... and quickest submission

Good work!

Darren

DarrenC, Nov 18, 2004 IP
  9. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Darren .. :)

nandini, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  10. randfish

randfish Peon

Best Answers:
    Very good work - I hope more quality directories follow this example, and that of BlueFind, SevenSeek & UncovertheNet

randfish, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  11. dchapman

dchapman Guest

Best Answers:
    Good luck with it. It looks great.

dchapman, Nov 19, 2004 IP
  12. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks Randfish and thegunowner... :)

nandini, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  13. quadcity

quadcity Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with every word.

I just submitted two sites to webatlas and they are already listed. Great customer service (BF,7S,UTN also) and multiple deeplinks with each submission. A good value for sure.

I did my homework before choosing webatlas. The pages I'm on are cached on a regular basis. Even the lowest level categories are. Good link popularity!

I have the same information to report about UncovertheNet. I submitted two sites there and am extremely happy.

All four directories that randfish mentioned are no-brainers for any commercial site.

quadcity, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  14. Las Vegas Homes

Las Vegas Homes Guest

Best Answers:
    Very nice looking directory. I however have a problem with paid directories that presently have no PR. Also there are to many free directories out there that offer the same benefits as you have described.

The other issue I see is that you use paypal. I for one have problems with paypal. I just got a notice 2 weeks ago from my bank that Visa contacted them and requested that 10 customers of the bank have their visa cards canceled and reissued. The only common factor so far with these 10 bank clients is we all at some point used paypal.

You have a very nice looking directory but I believe you should offer a free submission until the directory is carrying some weight before you go charging for submissions.

Las Vegas Homes, Nov 21, 2004 IP
  15. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:

Paypal is being stoned in from many people, but still its a good and secure place to put your money in. Still I will be adding few more payment options within thsi week.

Free submisions - I still receive tons of spam every day even by having a paid submisions, so just don`t want my full day being spend in rejecting mesothelioma, pharmacy and other junk sites.

My editors are continuosly adding quality sites daily, we are near 2000 marks right now, and hope to add 5k or so within next month.

Now since I have started getting good ranking for few keywords I am concentarting more on adding quality sites and will concentrate on helping users to get best spam free results for their viewing pleasure.

there are many free directories which offer more benefit from this paid directory and top of the list is DMOZ.com :)

Anyways this directory is helping webmasters in terms of link popularity but my target audience is the normal visitors in search of quality sites to surf. And by helping them I will be indirectly helping my webmasters too. You can add benefits to webmasters are link populairity and reach to more potential customers too.
    But http://www.webatlas.org is a General web Directory for general users.

I think you should judge a directory not just by its PR, but by few other factors too
    1. Link Popularity
    2. No. of quality sites listes, and added each day
    3. Ease of use
    4. Visually appealing and clean (free of footer or site wide links)
    5. Cached or indexed pages

Points 3 and 4 will help the visitor coming to the directory and spending more time on it, this might in turn help you (webmaster) out.

nandini, Nov 22, 2004 IP
  16. misohoni

misohoni Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Wow 2000 x $24.95 = alot of money! Are you making profit yet (taking into account promotion etc.,). Will you be linking up with W3C also?

To be fair, I think your site is pretty good design wise. I'd love for you to reconsider adding sites for free as it would be the ultimate resource site (or par with Dmoz)

misohoni, Nov 22, 2004 IP
  17. nandini

nandini Peon

Best Answers:
    2000 paid submisions NOOOOO...
    Paid submision percentage is very less. 2000 listings is mostly by WebAtlas.org Editors.

No, I don`t intend to be partners with w3c, no plans right now..
    We are allowing free submisions. For details you can check out.

http://seozip.com/forums/free-webatlas.org-submission.html

But free submisions is restricted to Quality non-profit and information heavy non commercial sites

nandini, Nov 22, 2004 IP
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.