1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New directory, in a niche market!

Discussion in 'Directories' started by The Club Crawler, Mar 31, 2008.

1. The Club Crawler

The Club Crawler Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I have started removing a bunch of the adsense, now you mention it it makes sense, have been designing some banners that suit each category myself and adding them in place of the adsense. Also reduced the image sizes on the categories page, I had over looked a few of them and they were huge, so that should speed up the load time a bit (I hope) Also thank you YMC for the "other listing" looking second rate spotting! another oversight of many many to come I am sure. changed that to "Quality Sites" or is that too corny? any suggestions? I tell you all I am super stoked I was referred to DP, you are all awesome! updated version is uploading now, if you could recheck the speed of the site for me that would be awesome, In japan right now and the net is super fast, hard to see any delay in load time from here! Thanks a million! I am off to bed another 3 am finish time, development is the best fun ever huh? hehe

Also I am planning on adding some more content to each page, at the moment it is such a new site I am not really expecting too many visits, I would say a few more days and nights at it and it should be in much better running order...i.e less ads more content and design elements, also hopefully more links to good sites!

The Club Crawler, Apr 1, 2008 IP
  2. The Club Crawler

The Club Crawler Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi all, I have worked on some of the issues mentioned earlier, What do you think about the site now?

The Club Crawler, Apr 2, 2008 IP
  3. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    Far too graphically intense. Not only does it take a week and a half to load it staggers when scrolling and I've got a very powerful system here. If your going to use photos etc, you really need to make them either thumbnails or better just gifs. Not going to comment on the content, Gay's and Lesbians don't rock my boat, I suspect it will put a lot off but attract those who aren't so bothered.

JamieG, Apr 3, 2008 IP
  4. The Club Crawler

The Club Crawler Peon

Best Answers:
    i am just running of a laptop at the moment and it loads fine?? I am reworking it slowly to speed it up.
    people who are put off by gay,lesbian,straight metrosexual etc are not my preferred audience to tell the truth. but thanks for the input, all the feedback i have received here is great.

The Club Crawler, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  5. Artifexus

Artifexus Guest

Best Answers:
    Yeah, still loading a tad slow - and the scrolling on each page is choppy, too.

I still like the design/concept.

You might be able to pull in a good amount of traffic/awareness/links with the blog.

Good luck.

Artifexus, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  6. JamieG

JamieG Banned

Best Answers:
    You seemed to have crunched the graphics a little? Its certainly loading a lot quicker than it was and that's even in firefox. Like I said, content aside I think its great and wish you all the success you get.

JamieG, Apr 5, 2008 IP
  7. 3drendering

3drendering Peon

Best Answers:
    Nice Pretty Look...

3drendering, Jun 10, 2009 IP