1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

new definition of a click

Discussion in 'AdSense' started by yooozy, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Sunny

Sunny Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I second that. Google should make only Title and URL clickable to apply this rule in practice.

Sunny, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  2. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I kind of like the idea, actually. It further discourages that annoying "ad blending" strategy.

Pixelrage, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  3. FanAddict

FanAddict Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As was said on webmaster world, this will *hopefully* lead to less "smart pricing" due to invalid clicks....

FanAddict, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  4. Volvospeed

Volvospeed Active Member

Best Answers:
    But why would they want us to get less clicks. Less clicks means less for them. Plus, if all the clicks become more legit than the premium webmasters can expect to pay for that advertising will go up.

Volvospeed, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  5. kewlchat

kewlchat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    man this is bad bad bad adsense is the only one that pays good now im afraid now for a big drop in earnings because of this :(:(

kewlchat, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  6. newzone

newzone Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Google shoold think first how to make beautiful ads and set the minimum click at 0.0.5 this should they think first...

newzone, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  7. Pixelrage

Pixelrage Peon

Best Answers:
    I think that more invalid clicks = less AdWords subscribers (due to expense & frustration). This might be a strategy to lure in more AdWords users by saying "take a look now, only people who've actually read your ad will be clicking them".

Pixelrage, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  8. kewlchat

Best Answers:
    Good news: Ok this isnt that bad ive just learned that the backs of the ads wont be clickable :)
    So if they click the back ground or area around the title and link "nuthing" will happen it wont take you away from the page.. tha ads will be different and just flat in the back ground and not a clickable interface anymore

So thats not to bad guys..:)

9. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    ok then to make this change but dear AdWords subscribers if no invalid clicks 0.0.5 should be minimum, and beautiful ads to look like links, everybody see that it's a GOOGLE ad , soon people will think google ads are a spam and will ignore them , sorry i can write very well in english my ideea...

newzone, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  10. Pierce

Pierce Active Member

Best Answers:
    still the email on searchengine land is explicit about url and title only.

I think this is a good idea.

If you look from an advertisers perspective, now your going to get less clicks and you KNOW theres a higher chance that the click is legitimate, that means you more likly to pump more money into AdWords.

Less Clicks = more per click

espically if people who stopped using adwords come back and even more so if this encourages new people to start advertising with adwords.

This should also remove "smart pricing".

Not to mention google implimented this on their own site which makes far more from adsense than we ever will. If it didnt work for them they wouldnt be forcing it on us now!

This is also in line with adding Site Targeted CPC ads..

Pierce

Pierce, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  11. davewashere

davewashere Active Member

Best Answers:
    As long as the background is not clickable, I'll support this. I don't want a visitor clicking on an ad only to miss the link and click the background instead and then I don't get credit. This seems fair, and it might hurt those publishers that are trying to trick people into accidentally clicking an ad. If those publishers get less clicks, it should mean higher quality clicks for the rest of us.

davewashere, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  12. IXM

IXM Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah I was thinking the same thing. It's worded strangely. As long as the background still doesn't act like a link, I think I'm ok with this change.

IXM, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  13. snowbird

snowbird Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Please provide me with the url where you learned this. I can't seem to find the fine details... :confused:

snowbird, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  14. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand why everyone is so angry.
    They will still be paying you for ALL clicks. They are just changing the format of the links.
    They are just disabling the background as a link all-together. Now the visitor has to click some part of the text, like any other text link in the world.

eruct, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  15. Sockmoney

Sockmoney Peon

Best Answers:
    It is a good move by G. The ads don't "work" as they should on the web as they exist today. When you hover over them you don't see the status bar on the browser change, nor do you know for sure where it is taking you.

I think it is positive move to make the ads look more like real links. A win-win in my opinion.

Sockmoney, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  16. yooozy

yooozy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    well ... this must be a nice news to advertisers for sure but for publishers it invite them to get into another approach of ads placement theory and brings a new set of things :

1 less clicks which mean definitely less earning (mates are thinking this get PPC hight, I don't think so cause this will save advertisers scattered money on less serious clicks,so number of clicks remain the same but quality change i expect hight PPC on the long term)

2 clicking exactly in the link or a title means that publisher work on shrinking the blank area which means horizontal ads will be so advantageous

3 publisher will have to avoid non serious clickers shooting for every thing in front of them so less ads , less attentions taking pieces , and neat content would be in priority number one to get the user focusing on one thing and be aware of what he's clicking

...this get blending technique deeply back into the oldies cause we need to make the user aware that this will lead him to another site and it's advertising link and make him read where this is going to lead him

i donno that's my opinion very modestly

yooozy, Nov 13, 2007 IP
  17. kewlchat

Best Answers:
    Example of the new ads.. see how the back ground of that ad is not clickable :) http://searchengineland.com/070405-171941.php its just flat.. only the links..
    Thats one in use already now.. so i guess all the new ads will be this way.
    not bad really but itll be some what a few less clicks for us plublishers but more money comming from adwords customers cause its considerd more high quality clicks lol

18. newzone

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Ya good trick ... how much you made ? :) ( is clickable ) isn't clickable only if you click on first ... ha ha

newzone, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  19. grg

grg Guest

Best Answers:
    I don't see the problem. It will be more valuable product for advertisers, and finally it has to be good for us.

grg, Nov 14, 2007 IP
  20. airraid81

airraid81 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What about the ads with no url on them? Also, the title means just as much as the url does.

airraid81, Nov 14, 2007 IP