1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New content/pages not indexing correctly after Joomla upgrade

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Beefandy, Aug 20, 2014.

Hi, I'm completely puzzled as to why very little of my website is getting indexed.

Since I updated my Joomla version about 6 months ago, articles on my site just don't seem to be showing up in search. Before this I could check my site on a daily or weekly search and there were many indexed stories.

The main page (home), contact etc are fine. Some pages are getting indexed but only a small amount compared to before

Pages that are getting picked up seem to be muddled up, meta descriptions aren't showing correctly always either.

I have asked other people and they don't know why.

I have no warnings in webmaster tools

Any help would be great!

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 20, 2014
    Beefandy, Aug 20, 2014 IP
  2. ProMaster1

ProMaster1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Here is some tricks to indexing your site pages in google or any other search engine:
    First ping your pages using any ping service, and Submit your pages in these sites Google Plus, Facebook, twitter, StumbleUpon, Pinterest, weheartit and Digg, You will get 2 benefits from it, 1. indexing your page very fast and second, 2. It will boost your website and pages ranking and Authority.

ProMaster1, Sep 20, 2014 IP
  3. FX-cash

FX-cash Peon

Best Answers:
    although my method is manual it is better than not doing anything at all.

In google webmaster tools you are able to choose in the right sidebar an option called: Fetch as Google

You can enter the exact URLs you'd like Google to index and submit them. After submitting it usually takes up to 5 minuets for the page/s to appear already index in Google.

Hope I could help.

FX-cash, Sep 23, 2014 IP