1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New ceiling for Google shares

Discussion in 'Google' started by Arnie, Jan 6, 2006.

1. larysmith711

larysmith711 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I assume you mean $8,000 worth of stock and not 8,000 shares... but if it was 8,000 shares WAY TO GO. :)

One of my poker buddies picked up 400 shares when it IPO.... he's been pretty happy so far. ($145,000 profit)

larysmith711, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  2. diddie

diddie Peon

Best Answers:
    i wish i bought them when introduced, i wish i bought them 4 month ago, i wish to buy some today, i will take some, it still has great growing potential today, they are now releasing videos, adsense will come by feeds, google cube is on the wat ...

diddie, Jan 14, 2006 IP
  3. libertines

libertines Peon

Best Answers:
    does anybody remember what price google originally floated for??

anyone reckon it would be worth buying shares now if you could obtain some??

libertines, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  4. l234244

l234244 Peon

Best Answers:
    The first stock released were via an auction I believe, no price set just people said how many shares they wanted and at what price they were willing to pay. I think the last shares went for $85.

l234244, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  5. DSR

DSR Member

Best Answers:
    I really really wish i got in on the IPO :( I honestly thought it was goign to be more hype than anythign else. but hey, kudos to Google for doing so well! I wonder how long it'll last before it begins to come down and hit a ceiling...

DSR, Jan 16, 2006 IP
  6. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Has anyone looked at the insider trading over the past week? Pres Brin Sergey just sold like 100mill of his shares 0_o God that kid is living fat now :(

advancedfuture, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  7. advancedfuture

advancedfuture Banned

Best Answers:
    Actually to be precise since beginning of January he sold $176,092,000 worth of his shares. Now what on earth would you want to sell that much of your companies stock?

advancedfuture, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  8. justinwp

justinwp Peon

Best Answers:
    to diversify. no one should have that much of their wealth in one company regardless of expected future success

justinwp, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  9. Brons

Brons Peon

Best Answers:
    That's actually a smart move. He secured his earnings and makes room for more investments. I guess he will be buying some realestate, making sure he won't be broke when Google gets sued by MS for breaking their patent on using a keyboard. ;)

Brons, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  10. Toonces51

Toonces51 !@#$%^&*^%#@#$%

Best Answers:
    I actually just finished reading The Google Story (an interesting read, although you'd think Sergey and Larry walked on water the way they were described in it), and according to the book, Larry and Sergey both sell shares on an essentially automated plan to diversify their holdings. Something like once a month they were selling some at the time of the book. Since they own the Class B shares that are equal to 10 regular shares, they still have no problems of potentially losing control of the company.

Toonces51

Toonces51, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  11. RectangleMan

RectangleMan Notable Member

Best Answers:

The difference here is that Google IPOd at a pretty high price. There was plenty of contraversy over this. However I am sure we all wished we bought a pile of it. The Google stock is one of the few movers in the marketplace for stocks. MS however on launch had no where near the buzz that Google is having and MS built steadily. G has a huge price already G's P/E is 103. That's a lot of pressure to meet earnings growth targets. Any bump and there will be a pullback and/or selloff. Long term prospects are good. I would like to see them do a Dividend before I plunk my money down. I say they can hit 650-750 by Jan 1,2007.

RectangleMan, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  12. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    Google is the last of the 90's dot coms to make it big

It could have gone public in 2000 but waited which was a smart move since the market donturn of 2001-2002 woul have been bad.

Unfortunately it means limited upside for investors.

had they gone public with a market cap of 5 billion the stock could have appreciated 20 times making early investors a huuuge fortune. Even bigger than we are seeing now.

I have been long since 230 and will hold for a long time. I can see the market cap going to 200 billion easily.

If the Nasdaq does breakout to 3,000 goog could see $1,500 a share.

Either way, after revieing many stocks Google is one of the best investments I can find. This company is just juggernaut.

IamNed, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  13. digital583

digital583 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think google will ever split, or pay dividends. And end up just like Berkshire Hathaway (BRK-A).

digital583, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  14. IamNed

IamNed Peon

Best Answers:
    It is the birkshire of tech I guess you could say.

IamNed, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  15. intelliot

intelliot Peon

Best Answers:
    I think their stock will keep rising as well as AdSense does well. I'm afraid that if anything goes wrong with AdWords/AdSense, their stock will drop dramatically.

intelliot, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  16. Sharpseo

Sharpseo Peon

Best Answers:
    The only thing that worries me is that expectations are now Sky High for Google. Look at Yahoo. They doubled their profit from last year, yet the expectations were so high, they're now down to $34 from $42 recently. The stock market is largely a psychological thing. If people are expecting too much growth from Google, even amazing results can disappoint.

Sharpseo, Jan 17, 2006 IP
  17. Arnie

Arnie Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Has Biggest Drop in a Year on `Sell' Ratings (Update2)
    January 18, 2006 16:59 EST -- Google Inc., among the most-loved stocks on Wall Street, had its steepest decline in more than a year after two analysts recommended selling the shares and Yahoo! Inc. reported disappointing results.

Other analysts at Wall Street gave Google a down

Google Reduced to `Sell' by Two Analysts; Shares Drop (Update1)
    January 18, 2006 10:26 EST -- Shares of Google Inc., which have more than doubled in the last year and are among the most-loved stocks on Wall Street, were downgraded by two analysts

Arnie, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  18. toughguy

toughguy Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Google Shares are expected to break records.

toughguy, Jan 18, 2006 IP
  19. MattL

MattL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally if I owned shares of Google I would sell half of them now and buy Yahoo!

MattL, Jan 19, 2006 IP
  20. bargainr

bargainr Peon

Best Answers:
    I think getting into Yahoo is a smart move, esp. with the huge drop it just experienced, I wonder when YPN is going to get out of beta...

bargainr, Jan 19, 2006 IP