1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New blog

Discussion in 'Websites' started by YourTypicalParadox, Sep 16, 2015.

I recently started this new blog. I currently have just been using it as mostly a diary, but I have many avenues I intend on taking it. Check it out if you're interested in reading mostly about dating as a single mom, and everything else in my crazy life. http://comejudgemehere.blogspot.com/

YourTypicalParadox, Sep 16, 2015 IP
  2. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi.

I like your style of writing. For an example here:
    I like your topic, too.
    Brilliant. Unique. Favorable.

I have some critics, though. I do not read the whole posts. I skim to a section that might be interesting, read until the end of paragraph, and when the next paragraph doesn't look interesting, I skip.

It is because I do not want to spend too much time on your site. The fonts are small, my eyes get weary very soon. The repeating background pattern makes it worse. Simple white or light grey is better for my taste.
    [​IMG]

Despite above critics: don't focus on design, but focus on content (like you do).

There is another reason why I don't read each article to finish. It is too long. Try to make it shorter, between 500-600 words (or less). The longest one is 1381 words. The shortest one is here: http://comejudgemehere.blogspot.com/2015/09/the-power-of-compliments.html. 548 words, three paragraphs. I would want to break the paragraphs more, like here.

Anyways, today I took me and my daughter clothes shopping. Fall is here and winter is coming, that means wardrobe change. Also my daughter is doing this thing called growing, I don't know I told her it's not allowed, but she keeps doing it. All her clothes look like they shrunk on her. So that was fun, until we both got hungry.

So I went Taco Bell, right. She wanted a $4 quesadilla that I could make at home for probably 25 cents, and I was just hungry. I have a point to this. We went through the drive through, and at the second window we are waiting for our food. And I'm pretty certain the guy at the window was gay, but he was nice and friendly. So he hands me my drink and then he stops and says "Oh I like your hair."

I paused for probably a minute just blown away, "Aw thanks," I say. But it really resonated with me. My hair is grown out it's natural color, and I've been hating on it lately wanting to go get it high lighted. Plus I have so many dead split ends, and FINALLY I called to schedule a haircut (which is happening tomorrow yayyyyy) after months of it being on my to-do list. He had no reason to compliment me, he just felt like it.

It was so nice. It seriously made my day. It also made me think about the power of compliments.

I mean, so often we compliment people to make them feel better when they ask our opinion about something. So often we compliment people when we want something from them. But it should more than that. We should compliment people just to make them smile. And I don't mean saying, "oh I like your shoes," when really you think that person is wearing the most hideous shoes in the world.

It's funny to think all he had to say was that he liked my hair and it made this big of an impact on me. But I was just caught off guard, I didn't expect it at all.

So that's kind of a new goal I'm setting for myself, and I encourage others to do so as well. Compliment strangers, and do so sincerely.

-Now I Almost Don't Want To Get My Haircut
    Code (markup):
    And cut the opening, which is not very relevant with the content (in my personal opinion)
    Life is this ongoing process. No matter what we do, as long as we live, each day comes and each day goes. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in life at the moment, that we forget about important things. Sometimes we forget about people. Sometimes we forget about things that make us happy. And sometimes we forget about doing things that can make others happy.

I'm guilty of all of them. I will be the first to admit that. But, it's hard to remember everything. Life gets busy. If you were to ask me, on a random day that I'm not at work or at school, what I'm doing I'll most likely say I'm running errands. I feel like my to-do list is never ending. Each time I check something off I have some thing else to add. If I'm just sitting at home, I'm procrastinating and being lazy because I ALWAYS have something I could be doing.

Code (markup):
    Take a look at techradar here: http://www.techradar.com/news/world...cloak-hides-tiny-objects-of-any-shape-1304549. Only 246 words. I want to read from the start until the end of the article. Another method we can steal here: link to another post. You can put the links after your article, or somewhere inline. It is good to keep readers in your blogspot.

Finally, in case you missed my points: I like your blogspot. Keep writing. Make it shorter.

th.sigit, Sep 18, 2015 IP
  3. PoPSiCLe

PoPSiCLe Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Urgh. While I understand that most people online can't even read (it seems), the tl;dr-crowd is a pain in the ass. Keeping topics under 500 words is... not a goal in and of itself. Depends on your market, your topics, and what you try to achieve. For instance, if you're writing about serious issues, with lots of information, it's a waste keeping to a limit.
    If your blog is interesting enough, or provocative enough, or just plain funny, writing long posts doesn't defer from people reading them.

PoPSiCLe, Sep 19, 2015 IP
  4. th.sigit

th.sigit Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Above is right. I wrote what I want to tell myself, not you. Keep writing.

th.sigit, Sep 19, 2015 IP