1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Blog: Tips May Be Needed

Discussion in 'Websites' started by The MonDak Yak, Apr 6, 2016.

Hello, I have started a new blog called The MonDak Yak. Yes, there are many other websites out there like this one, but I'll still explain. The MonDak Yak is an anonymous blog in which citizens can submit articles on their opinions such as politics, bad drivers, why they are not a vegan, loud music, bad business experiences, good business experiences, their love for puppies, pretty much anything to their hearts content. Currently we have articles on there about why a person chooses not to vote and one on society has turned into a joke. Articles are submitted via email to or by the contact form on the contact page. I will post the link to the website below and it is a weebly domain and am curious if there are things I can do to make the blog better. Any tips?
    http://www.themondakyak.com/

The MonDak Yak, Apr 6, 2016 IP
  2. Sloth

Sloth Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have one VERY strong tip:

Space your content into paragraphs.

I guarantee that will increase user engagement and time-on-site tremendously. As it is, the posts are pretty much a wall of text. Very difficult to read and you lose your place easily.

It looks like you possibly had paragraphs before that didn't translate when copying-and-pasting. Either way, by editing your posts and putting a blank line between paragraphs, it will make a huge difference.

I also feel that the static image on the left could stand to be smaller. I see what you're going for, and it is certainly a brandable layout that can be easily remembered, but I'd allow the content to have more than 50% of the screen. Maybe try 75%.

Sloth, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  3. The MonDak Yak

The MonDak Yak Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow very good tips, thank you!

The MonDak Yak, Apr 12, 2016 IP
  4. Akansha Shukla

Akansha Shukla Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    nice blog but if you add more social share button its easy to shareable.

Akansha Shukla, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  5. The MonDak Yak

The MonDak Yak Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome, thanks. Really, need to fix the website on that. It is a little confusing

The MonDak Yak, Apr 28, 2016 IP
  6. Furquan Ahmed

Furquan Ahmed Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you need to have link "post your opinion" or anything at the footer or right after every post end

Furquan Ahmed, Apr 28, 2016 IP