1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Amazon store website- how long to get traffic?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by DPwebtec123, Nov 20, 2010.

This is a brand new site, www.teaheaven.info could anybody give some advise on how long or hard it would be to start getting enough traffic for amazon sales or adsense clicks?

DPwebtec123, Nov 20, 2010 IP
  2. freshdevelopment

freshdevelopment Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I see a lot of people like yourself coming on the forum to ask the same question... it is very unlikely you will get traffic to a site like this as there is no unique content or anything of value for the visitor. This means Google will not give you high rankings and visitors to your site will be unlikely to convert.

You need to create a website that is good quality and offers value to people - doing this with AOM is difficult.

freshdevelopment, Nov 21, 2010 IP
  3. Santacruz

Santacruz Active Member

Best Answers:
    it is not that hard to get the visitor to your site.

But first you have to know who are they and where they are hang on the internet.

Your site will hard to get in the top search but there are many way around to get traffic.

Such as articles, video, forums, twitter and a lot more.

Santacruz

Santacruz, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  4. BrettQ

BrettQ Peon

Best Answers:
    Add some relevant content and then promote your site. Give people a reason to visit aside from -buy my crap-

BrettQ, Nov 23, 2010 IP
  5. Ntech25

Ntech25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes I agree. You need to add content and also do some link building. Creating web2.0 sites. Make pages on hubpages.com, ezinearticles.com etc... Article backlinks are the best.

Ntech25, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  6. zupreme

zupreme Active Member

Best Answers:
    I respectfully disagree. I have several AOM sites and have been making substantial income from them for over 2 years. The idea that a store site needs to have unique content is quite incorrect. Just a look at the huge numbers of sites selling the exact same PC, Server, and Printer models, using the same stock-images will prove the truth of my statement.

The important thing if the OP wants to make an AOM site successful is traffic. Huge traffic via PPC, Blog/forum postings/and eventually organic traffic.

My 1st step that I recommend is to Google the term "Gourmet Tea" and study the sites on the 1st page. Look at the source code of their homepage and see what Title, H1, and meta text they have and make sure that you target some of the same terminology.

My 2nd step would be to build at least 100 good backlinks from PR3 or higher dofollow sites (check out Angela's Packets or a similar list).

My 3rd step would be to budget about $5 to $10/day for a PPC campaign. Be sure to use an IMAGE AD with your site name prominent. Your goal here is as much to get your AOM site name out as it is to get clickthrough traffic.

My 4th step would be to invest in an Extended Validation SSL certificate. This will give you the Green Address Bar, which inspires customer confidence. If you are strapped for cash this step can wait until you have earned enough money from the previous steps to pay for it.

Also: Don't stop with this one site. The Key to AOM money is quantity+quality. Your current layout is acceptable, so now rinse and repeat. Invest in some cheap domains and an unlimited domain hosting account (under $20/mo from either Godaddy or Hostgator) and try to churn out at least one site per week. Load all of them with every PPC and CPA provider as you can reasonably do without cheapening the site. On some sites your PPC/CPA income will exceed your Amazon income.

And most importantly of all: HAVE FUN! Internet Marketing is one of the few places where almost anyone can earn a great income from anywhere in the world. We don't knwo how long that will remain true, so enjoy it while it lasts!

zupreme, Nov 27, 2010 IP
  7. kollam003

kollam003 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Good going Zupreme

kollam003, Nov 28, 2010 IP
  8. sirjorgeofculver

sirjorgeofculver Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's not going to happen overnight, but maybe a few months

sirjorgeofculver, Dec 5, 2010 IP