1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Amazon Affiliate Wordpress Plug-in Demo Video

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by nichewebsitedeveloper, Mar 12, 2009.

1. grovenet

grovenet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I bought it and it definitely does what it says on the tin. I haven't had a lot of time to spend on it yet though - so far I've just run through the various options, creating test posts -- and it looks brilliant!

I've had emails from Brad about new builds etc too, with some nice sounding updates and add-ons.

Just need to get some time to spend on it now and get to know it a bit more in detail.

Cheers
    Dave.

grovenet, May 7, 2009 IP
  2. aliun

aliun Peon

Best Answers:
    Please PM me if you launch this script

aliun, May 7, 2009 IP
  3. ciscopower

ciscopower Active Member

Best Answers:
    Today, amazon changes the AWS to product advertising API and requires every REST call to be authenticated. So that this reviewazon also needs to be updated before Aug-15-2009, otherwise it won't work!!!!!

ciscopower, May 8, 2009 IP
  4. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I got that email too. I have sites running AWS that I don't know how to redo. I paid to have them built. So, now I have a dilemma: do I pay a coder to fix my site so I can sell Amazon's product, or do I say suck a bag of dicks, Amazon, and move to another megavendor or CJ? I was really excited about this script, and I still think the guy is legit and that he is trying his best to deal with the groundshift. Good luck everyone.

movingconcierge, May 8, 2009 IP
  5. nichewebsitedeveloper

nichewebsitedeveloper Peon

Best Answers:
    I've already put together a working prototype and I am incorporating that into ReviewAZON over the next few days. I will have something to beta test with by next week.

It actually isn't that big of a deal in terms of the changes to ReviewAZON. I can see where those who have custom applications are going to have to outsource or make the changes themselves to get compliant by the August 15th deadline and that might be a bit tricky for some.

For the folks who bought ReviewAZON the only change on your end will be adding your Secret Key to the affiliate settings page. All the other magic will happen behind the scenes. It will be mostly transparent to everyone else.

-Brad

nichewebsitedeveloper, May 8, 2009 IP
  6. nickpeters

nickpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    Brad,

Anything finalized on the licensing for site flippers? My son might be interested...

Nick

nickpeters, May 23, 2009 IP
  7. nichewebsitedeveloper

Best Answers:
    The site flipping license is on hold for a while.

I've got a few things going right now plus I am wrapping up some new enhancements like click reporting, support for multiple affiliate ids per affiliate program and finishing up the new Amazon Product Advertising API changes.

I'll post when I have something solid to share on that issue, but it might be a while.

-Brad

nichewebsitedeveloper, May 24, 2009 IP
  8. nickpeters

nickpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the update Brad!

Will the API update be free for existing licenses?

nickpeters, May 24, 2009 IP
  9. nichewebsitedeveloper

Best Answers:
    There is only the one time price and you get any enhancements and changes for the life of the product.

I've had lots of great enhancement requests over the past month and I think I have added around 25 new features so far. The next release is jam packed full of stuff.

The biggie is the multiple tracking ids. That was one everyone wanted and now they are going to get it this week.

-Brad

nichewebsitedeveloper, May 25, 2009 IP
  10. Juggernuat

Juggernuat Guest

Best Answers:
    Nice plugins :p

Juggernuat, May 26, 2009 IP
  11. nickpeters

nickpeters Peon

Best Answers:
    That is AWESOME Brad!

nickpeters, May 26, 2009 IP
  12. any2you

any2you Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Very interesting tool. :)

any2you, May 28, 2009 IP
  13. dpmax

dpmax Peon

Best Answers:
    wow great plugin...
    any when this pluggin lunch ?
    there is any trial version or something like that ?

pls PM me
    Thanks

dpmax, Jun 1, 2009 IP
  14. zanopkung

zanopkung Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a great plugin

zanopkung, Jun 3, 2009 IP
  15. napa

napa Peon

Best Answers:
    When is the updated version coming out?

napa, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  16. auzaa

auzaa Peon

Best Answers:
    i like amazon feed

auzaa, Jul 5, 2009 IP
  17. nixande

nixande Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    [maybe a dedicated reviewazon posting would be better suited than posting it here, but I found no other like that]

Brad,

it would be great if you could add some of the basic information needed for a buyer on the website. I looked through all of the website of yours, but like for example that the price updates is an information relevant in the FAQ.

It took me bwj292 and some other videos to even get a simple look at some screenshots of the app. I assume you do have most of that anyhow available for your manual.

Where the next question also would be: how to work with the TOS of amazon about displaying prices and caching of the pages, because you absolutly do not want a page reloaded every single time, but use caching.

It really looks like you do have a really great system as well as it looks solid from the menues, but a little bit more information would go a long way. ;))

General ones like:
    - "ReviewAZON allows you to display over 25 different pieces of product content" - yes, and what are those?
    - when and how often are those updated?
    - assuming that most of the fields are updated, am I right to assume that in order to have them not changed by amazon, I'd need to copy them manually?
    - can for example I use a internal rating plugin with your templates to avoid using content from amazon?
    - can I only use one amazon system per wordpress blog [if so, that would be a monolingual approach, bc I as a german customer regulary buy from amazon.com and amazon.co.uk and would like to combine those in one blog]
    - along those lines can one have multiple buy buttons (example: english books can be bougth on amazon.de but are usually cheaper delivered from the uk.)

Specific ones I would have
    - if I select a product, can I choose the image from the available set of images from amazon?
    - If I have a list of ASINs, can I paste them and you do pull all the info from just these or do I have to go one by one with them?
    - does for example the bulk feature work with this?

I am not expecting answers on those questions, but I wrote them more to give you an idea what kind of questions a potential buyer has. And a lot of screenshots (just the simple ones) would be great. :)

hth
    Nicole

nixande, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  18. movingconcierge

movingconcierge Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    How about you just open up your support forums and don't hide comments on your blog. It would be helpful for prospective buyers to see what others who have already purchased the product have to say.

movingconcierge, Aug 9, 2009 IP
  19. hololo

hololo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Wow !! Great Plugin.

hololo, Aug 10, 2009 IP
  20. nichewebsitedeveloper

Best Answers:
    Thanks, Nicole. I've been pretty swamped the last few months with ReviewAZON and other development projects so I haven't had the time to update the site as much as I wanted to.

There are several videos on the site that show you what the interface looks like as well as how it works. Did you have a chance to take a look at those yet?

The plan is to update the site over the next couple of weeks and get some screenshots and additional info out there.

One of the other projects that I've been working on is a keyword research tool that you can use in conjunction with Google's keyword research tool to gauge keyword viability and competition. The other cool thing is that you can check for domain name availability immediately for any keyword saving you a huge amount of time when doing keyword research.

It's in beta now and will be out in a couple of weeks. The feedback from beta testers has been really positive.

Shoot me an email at support@reviewazon[dot]com and I will send you a copy of the user guide to help answer your questions.

Best,

Brad

nichewebsitedeveloper, Aug 10, 2009 IP