1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New algorithm update hit Mahalo and EzineArticles hard

Discussion in 'Google' started by DanAbbamont, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeah well the same garbage website is still sitting above mine for one of my best keywords. It wouldn't be so bad if it was at least a decent site, but it's got horrible layout and almost no content whatsoever, what is there is in horrible English. The only real content besides a user-generated topsite list are, well, ads--lots of them. It's spackled with ads, including talking video ones and popups. This Google change hasn't unseated it at all.

Groovystar, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  2. longcall911

longcall911 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think this is further evidence that if you choose to game the system, eventually you will lose. Article spammers had a good run. Now it's over. So it seems that most of the time and money spent on excessive article submissions is wasted.

Lesson: Don't get caught up in the 'trick your way to the top' method. Instead, build a great website and optimize it conservatively.

longcall911, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  3. Discosmobile

Discosmobile Peon

Best Answers:
    Ezine moderate really well. I have had a couple of articles sent back to me for revision due to keyword stuffing or a sentence not making sense.

Rick

Discosmobile, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  4. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect the issue here isn't entirely about the quality of the individual articles but the premise of these sites, which was to distribute duplicate content.

YMC, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  5. Groovystar

Groovystar Peon

Best Answers:
    I submit original articles to Ezine. They're pretty strict on quality which is a good thing.

"Duplicate content" is called plagiarism and whenever I find anyone lifting my writing or art I contact the site and if that fails, the site's host, to get it removed.

Groovystar, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  6. YMC

YMC Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Groovystar, you do realize that Ezine is designed as an article distribution service where your article can be used in its entirety by other ezines, websites and print publications? It's #3 on their TOS for authors.

While much duplicated content is plagiarized, content appearing on most articles directories is designed to be copied and used by others.

YMC, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  7. Riseing

Riseing Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that sucks, articles brought me quite a bit of traffic.

Riseing, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  8. samaddavidbeckham

samaddavidbeckham Member

Best Answers:
    hubpages, goarticles, articlebase..all got hit by great G

samaddavidbeckham, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  9. dvduval

dvduval Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I've asked Internet Marketers multiple times if they submitted to Ezine for the traffic, and the answer was always "no". They submitting simply to get more links and to have other sites copy or spin the article for even more links. I never found Ezine to have any content worth reading (at least not without searching really hard).

dvduval, Feb 26, 2011 IP
    Jim4767 likes this.
  10. dess71

dess71 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    but why quotation search? Almost Nobody uses quotation search.

dess71, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  11. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    Those results displayed in Canada and the US are different, so the difference in serps rankings may not have much to do with the latest G algorithm update.

It would be great if we could compare some US search results from before the update, to the current US search results.

hhsaus, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  12. pjman

pjman Active Member

Best Answers:

You totally can use scroggle for the old results: http://www.scroogle.org/cgi-bin/scraper.htm

pjman, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  13. sunilmamo

sunilmamo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    So it looks like article directories are going to die.

sunilmamo, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  14. webmasterlabor.com

webmasterlabor.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Good thing most people use Ezinearticle for backlinks. Still, this is bad news.

webmasterlabor.com, Feb 26, 2011 IP
  15. BrandDoctor

BrandDoctor Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hmm not yet i would say.some changes in policy by that article directories might help. But most of the articles in article directories are crappy ,most of them just spin articles

BrandDoctor, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  16. gameutopia

gameutopia Peon

Best Answers:
    I wonder about news media outlet stories. One news outlet posts a story and all the news outlets copy it often word for word. Which makes me wonder how they go about ranking news stories. This is just another thing that comes to mind.

gameutopia, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  17. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Well Google did good job for 1% only as I seen many reputed sites which produce original content with excellent research nowhere in top 10 while last week it hold no.1 spot for keyword which I am tracking, even one of my site drop to 8 position for same keywords from 3rd!

Rohit patel, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  18. pjman

pjman Active Member

Best Answers:
    On my high traffic site that is an authority in it's niche, I notice a 5 to 8 position drop across the board. Only 20% of terms held their position. It had to be some kind of site wide filter. I would say that in 75% of the moves, they are totally unjustified. The sites that appear above them now are really pure garbage. I mean in every case an ehow page jumped ahead. In most cases the eHow article does not even satisfy the search. A search for "What type of soil to use for pine tree", will drop my 1800 word page article (really a mini ebook) that thoroughly answer, to the second page. While an eHow article that never was even in the top 100 searches before now ranks #3. The eHow article explains the difference between types of pine cones. WTF Google?

pjman, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  19. Rohit patel

Rohit patel Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes top 3 results for 18 keywords which I track for last 12 Months have garbage information even have no proper information. Also I think this change give great platform for eHow.

Rohit patel, Feb 27, 2011 IP
  20. seorupesh

seorupesh Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share your good knowledge.

seorupesh, Feb 28, 2011 IP