1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New algo update?

Discussion in 'Websites' started by Spacen, Dec 13, 2004.

I have been struggling with my rankings in google for months now hovering between 500 and 650 for my main keywords. Over the past 2 or 3 weeks my rank has rapidly increased and is now at 28 and seems to still be climbing. As much as I would like to think this is because of my wonderful work in optimizing and acquiring backlinks, I simply don't think this is the case. I haven't changed all that much and I haven't acquired any more backlinks than usual during this time.

Is it possible Google has updated their algorithm? I have heard from many sources that MSN beta seems to have more relevant results. In MSN beta, I am #1 for my keywords. Has google updated their algorithm to make relevancy more important in rankings in order to compete with the upcoming MSN search?

Spacen, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  2. Christopher

Christopher Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm sure google has always made relevancy their goal :)

How old is your site? Maybe an example of a site actually graduating from the sandbox?

Christopher, Dec 13, 2004 IP
  3. Spacen

Spacen Peon

Best Answers:
    The site was officially launched May 15th, 2004 but I think it got indexed before that by a week or two.

Spacen, Dec 13, 2004 IP