1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

New Administrators on infraction frenzy?

Discussion in 'Support & Feedback' started by ezprint2008, Sep 1, 2012.

1. surfer87

surfer87 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, thank you for the replies to my queries. But if i got this right, i would be ok if i write 3$ per 500 words instead of 3$ for 500 words which is the norm in that section for any writing services. Thanks.

surfer87, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  2. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    You are offering a $3 service:

"If you are offering or looking for any sort of free services or products (or anything with a potential value $5 or less), this is the only place those offers should be posted."

So it belongs in "Cheap Stuff" not in "Content Creation' because of the price.

browntwn, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  3. surfer87

surfer87 Member

Best Answers:
    No, it is not a 3$ service, it is meant to be 3$ for 500 words article. ANd the minimum is 5 articles as stated in the post. That is what i have replied to the other mod.

4. Smyrl

Smyrl Tomato Republic Staff

Best Answers:
    You need to specify something like

Articles: 3$ per 500 words, Minimum order five articles

Smyrl, Sep 24, 2012 IP
  5. surfer87

surfer87 Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, makes sense but how is this thread title any different? - http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=2562853
    and also it seems it is ok to not specify any rates in the thread, instead only in the post. That is how it works is it.

6. ezprint2008

ezprint2008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    is browntwn a moderator? or just likes to assume he is?

ezprint2008, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  7. browntwn

browntwn Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I am not a moderator. Just try to help out answering basic and obvious questions that have usually been asked and answered many times before.

browntwn, Sep 26, 2012 IP
  8. surfer87

surfer87 Member

Best Answers:
    no i think he was just trying to help out. nothing wrong with that. meanwhile my post is still stuck in the same place.

surfer87, Sep 26, 2012 IP
    browntwn likes this.
  9. ezprint2008

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    your usual way of verbal abuse to forum members is quite pathetic though. swearing, verbally assaulting, trying to character assassinate.
    Maybe you should leave the moderating to the moderators and stop making an idiot of yourself. I assume the mods are trying to run a respectable forum, and then there's you ...running off on everyone pretending to be a moderator, don't you have a job? Some of the people you spout off at, also makes you look foolish, for example US Publishers etc, and you verbally assault them as "crazy batsh*t" etc.

Maybe cool that guy down for awhile in the DP sandbox for bad behavioral. LOL :D

The Mods that joined in 2004 having 12,000 posts and they're here a lot, assumably as part of a job.
    You're at 7,700 posts from 2006 - which shows you're ALWAYS here. This is not your job, you dont get paid for it apparently, perhaps let the moderators do their job while you actually go and GET A JOB.

ezprint2008, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  10. timepilot

timepilot Guest

Best Answers:
    I do agree with the topic and I won't post here anymore, it's just not worth the ridiculous/biased infractions of no merit at all.:rolleyes: When I can't post a review of a crappy hosting company because it's in the sales/hosting thread then it's time to quit posting here.:rolleyes:

I thought that's what forums are for but apparently not anymore. When a crappy hosting company can continue screwing people over because people don't know any better because posts are being deleted. I know for fact many members have reviewed hosting companies and haven't had their post deleted or given an infraction. How do I know this? I've been doing it for years and others have been too. When a crappy hosting company can have a post deleted because they don't like what it says and people in charge/moderators think that's correct, that's screwed up and time to move on.:rolleyes:

timepilot, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  11. snakeair

snakeair Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Can't we all just get along?

snakeair, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  12. WSWD

WSWD Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Not to jump on the moderators any more than they have been jumped on already, but they seem awfully militant in some circumstances, when in others, they don't do anything. As a web host, I frequently visit that section of the forum. I've been given a couple absolutely ridiculous infractions here (about 2 a year, if you take the average), while completely inappropriate posts, like guys selling illlegal/nulled versions of software with their hosting, don't get deleted.

In fact, in one instance, even after a multitude of reports by me and other users, it took over 3 weeks, and the software developers getting involved (I'm sure with a few DMCA notices), before the mods did anything. The guy was running nulled software on his site and giving away nulled software to the clients, but nobody here cared. It was astonishing. I have talked via PM to DigitalPoint a few times, and he is a phenomenal guy. Had I known him at the time, I would have most certainly given the information directly to him. I shouldn't have to though.

Further, the rules specifically state that all transactions (in the web hosting forum anyway) need to take place via PM or email, yet you regularly have folk making offers and listing their plans, and lord knows what else, in the forum. They all get reported...every last one of them. Want to know the percentage that actually get deleted? I'll be happy to start counting, but I'm guessing it's generally less than 25%, and that's probably a little on the ambitious side.

I like the forums here a lot, but they are unfortunately (in some sections) becoming a wasteland, where the rules simply aren't followed. Instead, we have mods apparently giving infractions for not wording the subjects of their posts properly, but things like I mentioned above go without notice. *sigh* I really don't get it.

WSWD, Sep 27, 2012 IP
  13. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Not sure who you are bashing (kind of funny, considering what point you're trying to make), but do you realise there is a business section here that is very active, so for some people DP is part (sometimes big) of their job/own business? So, your rant is a bit stupid, really.

ryan_uk, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  14. ezprint2008

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Hi ryan_UK
    bornwtwn isnt a moderator, and my point was made well. I will apologize to the mods for starting this thread but at first I wasn't aware that browntwn was NOT a moderator and I assumed him as such based on the daily post-stalking. I've not been called a slew of names in a lifetime as much as a 6 month period from browntwn. I understand this is a place of some people to do their business and that's awesome. I do understand business considering I'm a National Publisher and a five time rated #1 recording artist / record company entrepreneur. (which browntwn also called batsh*t and insulted with = "no wonder nobody listens to your music) ??? I have also signed over 200 bands in the past since 2000 and done over 20 FM National radio interviews. With many program directors and FM Radio Djs that are quoted fans. As a Producer and songwriter I've had 12 songs on FM National radio. I'm here because I'm an inventor and I create many things with PHP/SQL etc. I like DP and think its great, I just don't agree with some of the members like browntwn going unchecked with such verbal abuses to anyone including professionals of national industry. I'm also a 13 year elected member of ASCAP if anyone ever has questions on publishing, anything involved with record companies, PR, Marketing, Promotion, or Copyright/Trademark , recording engineering, etc. I feel DP is a good site and I give free help on any questions asked in the music industry and in exchange I have learned quite a lot here in various programming languages and SEO amongst many other.

ezprint2008, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  15. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    @ezprint2008, so report his posts if you feel he's harassing you. I've read those posts and it seems like you're taking things far too personally. You need a thicker skin in life. Surprised you don't have one considering all those experiences that you claim.

ryan_uk, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  16. Dean_Saliba

Dean_Saliba Notable Member

Best Answers:
    ezprint2008, how long have you been accessing the internet? You should have surely realised that life is FAR to short to take offense to everything someone says to you on an internet forum, from people who you will probably never ever meet or become friends with. It is much easier to either ignore them or report them and let the mods deal with it.

I am not sure but I think there might even be an ignore function (there is on a lot of forums) where you can block out posts from certain members instead of venting your spleen. As movie-maker Michael Winner might say "Calm down dear, it's only the internet" :)

Dean_Saliba, Sep 28, 2012 IP
  17. ezprint2008

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    When I need England or UK's opinion, we will send the US Military to tell you what it is.
    There sure are a lot of disgruntled english/europeans on here trying like hell to base personal attacks.
    When you clowns quit the circus and get real careers, let me know..
    In the mean time base your unqualified opinions at everything pretending to be an authority on something, anything to mask the fact you're from a secondary country and have no achievements.

Thanks for bringing up my accomplishments, its never a bad time to shamelessly plug ones own careers in the entertainment industry.
    Publisher, Producer, Songwriter, Composer, Recording Engineer, Record Company entrepreneur, Promotions, Marketing, Copyright/Trademark.
    Keep trying girly's. One day maybe you can hope to be 1/100th as accomplished, until then hand out your Free Internet assessments in forums.
    Did I mention I'm rated #1 five times in US National Industry, the Yngwie upside down guitar player and rated #1 vocalist compared to Dio, Halford, Dickinson?
    US hard rock lead vocalist are always known to have 'thin skin' seeing as how we have to expose ourselves to thousands of people screaming and fist pumping while we stand center stage foot up on wedge monitor loving every second of it. ...and the women, pheeew, they stop at nothing to get backstage and show me their ....
    Anyway, enough about me, but thanks for bringing it up, that way I'm not the one starting the topic about me. You guys in a band? when you GET one, bring it to Motor City , we'll play Harpos, you can open for me and we'll see how far your Internet persona applies in my reality. lol :D

Family in the music industry do ya? Their pipelines and channels going to crap in a handbasket in USA? Remember your good old days when you secondary countries with egos (for whatever reason) controlled music industry in USA? now look at ya , barrel wearers, keep your garbage out of my country. You're puny.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2012
    ezprint2008, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  18. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    If you are going to go full retard might as well post a link to the band page, bandcamp page, etc. and qualify that word salad.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Sep 29, 2012 IP
  19. ryan_uk

Best Answers:
    @ezprint2008, thanks for continuing the comedy after your other thread was deleted.

ryan_uk, Sep 30, 2012 IP
  20. Esolution

Esolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    yes iam agreed with shannon...

Esolution, Sep 30, 2012 IP