1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Never Choose Getresponse For Email Marketing

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Jetheat, May 17, 2020.

I'm sure there are hundreds of warriors here that use GetResponse as an email marketing service, but after my most recent experience, I would never choose them again, no matter how cheap they are.

I signed up for a month's service after talking to them, and they happened to sign me up on a monthly subscription. Although I ticked the boxes and supposedly agreed to their terms, I was signed on a monthly subscription. I didn't know or realise it because I had just talked about one month with the customer service rep.

So after one month, I stopped using the service. I didn't even log in.
    Yet, they kept billing me for 4 months before I realised what was going on.

When I explained the situation to their billing department, they had no understanding of the matter whatsoever. They were completely strict and didn't care what happened. They just wanted to keep my money even though I hadn't even used or logged in to the account. I didn't even know I was being billed.

But their stance was NO. If you agreed to the terms, that's it we're taking your money and there's nothing you can do about it. We don't care that you never used your account or that you never even logged in or that you didn't know that you were being billed. We just wanna keep your money and we have no compassion or leniency in this matter. We rule with an iron fist and we are comparable to thieves.

I explained again and again but they had no intention of returning the excess months bill even though I didn't use the account at all (all because I didn't even know I had it in the first place).

I'll be contacting my credit card company to see if they can do something about this stance they are taking.

Even in today's world, I find it difficult that a company would not look at circumstances before making a decision and just make fleeting decisions based on their own policies.

No compassion, no leniency, no forbearance, no softness.
    All hardball, all money, all strictness and all policies.

These days, these types of traits in a company don't work.

I hope marketers use Aweber or some other good service instead of Getresponse.
    They certainly don't get my vote.

Jet

Jetheat, May 17, 2020 IP
  2. malky66

malky66 Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Warriors?? I think you're on the wrong forum mate...

malky66, May 17, 2020 IP
  3. Spartan14

Spartan14 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yea i am sorry about what happened to you but sometimes it can happen and i dont know if you can do so much

Spartan14, May 17, 2020 IP
  4. IMDaniel

IMDaniel Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    That's to bad that you didn't know what you signed up for so that you could cancel your subscription in time. But I don't think you'll get your money back because you did sign up for a monthly subscription.

IMDaniel, May 17, 2020 IP
  5. dollorphanage

dollorphanage Member

Best Answers:
    Especially in today's world there is more greed than ever and most big companies have no compassion (or softness) and are all about the money.
    That is what has become of our society.

20 years ago you didn't even have year contracts in gyms. Now almost all gyms have them and if you try to cancel then you probably have to keep paying until the contract has ended. That is just one example of many. Nowadays I even have to pay for a simple online math test. It's ridiculous.

dollorphanage, May 18, 2020 IP