1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Network Unreachable: robots.txt unreachable

Discussion in 'Google Sitemaps' started by CypherHackz, Jun 2, 2007.

1. elvirs

elvirs Active Member

Best Answers:
    got that error again, fukk!!! I start to wonder whether its google bug or sth with my dns, I dont know:S

elvirs, Aug 21, 2007 IP
  2. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    Have you changed anything in your site, I mean like engine script? I have changed the script and it seems like I got this error from that, but not sure.
    Well I could try to move to another server this week will see if it's my dns.
    Actually don't know what to do else. Is there any person in Google I can contact?

inatmo, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  3. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well it seems like I've found my problem. You mentioned DNS and I checked all my sites, so two of them are situated on the same ip, and have been indexed on the 1st of August, since then no changes to the index.
    I will request moving to another server and will write what I get in couple of days.
    Hope this will help.:eek:

inatmo, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  4. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I was right, after changing server google adsense appeared in couple of minutes. So taht means everything is fine I was not able to see adsense for three weeks!! Seems like it was really some DNS error!
    :)Hope you can solve this problem too!

inatmo, Aug 23, 2007 IP
  5. soshhowell

soshhowell Peon

Best Answers:
    I've had the same thing. I'm so happy I finally found someone else who has had the same problem and gotten it fixed.

I have two IP's and two sites on the same server. One of them is liked and one of them gets the error. I'm going to try moving both to the liked IP see if that works. I've also been theorizing that it has something to do with reverse DNS being messed up for the server.

Let you know how it turns out.

soshhowell, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  6. inatmo

inatmo Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi
    My problem has been solved it was really something with server, google came back)
    Hope you can fix it too.

inatmo, Aug 28, 2007 IP
  7. soshhowell

soshhowell Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, it looks like my robots.txt was read successfully and the sitemap was also downloaded. Now I just have to wait and see if they pick up the home page again.

I ended up doing two things. Moving the domain and all subdomains to a new IP. Correct settings for reverse DNS (don't think it was this one, but could be).

Hope that info helps out someone else here.

Basically what it came down to is that is was a DNS error, so if you have that problem thats where to look.

soshhowell, Aug 29, 2007 IP
  8. AG4Life

AG4Life Peon

Best Answers:
    The same thing has just happened to me. I checked my logs and Googlebot is retrieving robots.txt (with 200 status code), but I'm still getting the error when I resubmit. The actual number of Googlebot crawls have basically stopped though, from about 4000 per day.

Hopefully it will clear up in a while, but I'm a little concerned.

AG4Life, Sep 1, 2007 IP
  9. AG4Life

AG4Life Peon

Best Answers:
    Decided not to risk it and moved the sites to a different server. Everything is now okay. I really wish Google would find a way to fix this annoying problem, or at the very least explain why it occurs.

AG4Life, Sep 3, 2007 IP
  10. Gregtq

Gregtq Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi,
    I'm having this same problem. It's been almost 2 months since my server move and still not listed in google. Yahoo did manage to pick me back up but I see google still has my old IP cached. Since I get the error when trying to upload the google site map does anyone know of another way I could get google to find me and update their cache with my new IP? I was ranked #2 at google before my server move.

Thanks.

Gregtq, Oct 15, 2007 IP
  11. CypherHackz

CypherHackz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Mine was back into Google a few days back. And today when I check in the search engine, the site was removed again. What Google is trying to do?

-cypher.

CypherHackz, Oct 27, 2007 IP