1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Netscape Problem

Discussion in 'HTML & Website Design' started by Smyrl, Nov 10, 2004.

I have a site http://home.sprynet.com/~smyrl/east-n-west.htm on which I have a rotating ad running. The ads change once a day around 3 a. m. CST.

I have discovered when I view page under Netscape the first time I view page in the morning the picture on the page jumps out of the coral (table) and heads for the East side of the page and sits against the right border of the screen. If I reload/refresh the page the picture sits where it is supposed to be. All suqsequet viewings of the page durig he day look ok. I do not see this problem with IE.

Does anyone know what I could do to rectify this problem?

Thanks,
    Shannon

Smyrl, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  2. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    IE handles bad code better than Netscape, the same thing happens in other browers, use W3C validation to help you fix this. http://validator.w3.org/

mushroom, Nov 10, 2004 IP
  3. paulhiles

paulhiles Guest

Best Answers:
    I would go along with mushroom's comments. Try to validate your page. At the moment, your page has no doctype, so browsers are free to render the page as they wish.. sometimes known as "quirks mode".

You need to be in control of your page layout, this means giving clear instructions to browsers as to how the page is meant to be displayed. By writing clear and valid code, you're helping to achieve this goal! :)

paulhiles, Nov 11, 2004 IP