1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negatives of vBSEO

Discussion in 'vBulletin' started by Burta, Mar 19, 2007.

1. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    I understand,
    like I said.. there are no dis advantages to me personally.. I did post some of the more common ones I've heard on forums tho for ya :)

Brandon Sheley, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  2. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    let me guess you get extra bonuses from vBSEO for refering people.. :p

Cal813, Mar 20, 2007 IP
  3. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    One of the reasons you are also not going to find a lot of bad things about them is being that they are very good at keeping a watchful eye out for anyone or anything that talks about them. The moment bad things are said, chances are their people are watching or someone is commenting from them. I've seen it myself personally and have on other sites as well. Ultimately, it's a good piece of software, definitely has some issues but then again, all software does. I think their people are overly arrogant by nature but then, I guess that's to be expected when you have a monopoly.

PS. Don't forget, it's not $149, it's $149 + $35 a year.

pc_user, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  4. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    where did the extra $35 come from? On their site it says $149.

Cal813, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  5. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    pc_user, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  6. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    oh okay.. I knew about the $35 fee :p

I thought you mean't there is a $35 fee WITH the $149..

I agree, they made it like vB in that there is a renewal fee. Actually MANY vB programmers have done it. They will sell a owned or leased licence of script and then they will charge a renewal fee per a year!

BTW pc_user, no hard feelings for our issues earlier. ;) I truce it mate.

Cal813, Mar 21, 2007 IP
  7. smfseo

smfseo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You wont find a vbseo hater who has actually used it coz there is no reason to hate vbseo :)

My forum www.indiabroadband.net out ranks some of the company websites for thier main keywords Woooott

I am sure you can do everything that vbseo does on your own but it will take weeks or months of work to do what vbseo does with a click of a button.
    Go and check out the demo and you will see what I mean :)

Fot those who compare vbseo with zoints or call it mod rewrite need to go and check the demo before talking... I am 100% sure those who hate vbseo dont even know what it is :)

smfseo, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  8. DarrenC

DarrenC Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm vbseoing my forum over the weekend so Ill let you know how I get on.

DarrenC, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  9. Notorious

Notorious Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Negative: Ridiculously long beta Cycle.
    Other than that Its a must have add-on for vB Boards.

Notorious, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  10. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's really the price. Ask anyone out there. I bet you if vBSEO drops their price by 25-50% Sales will go up rapidly, especially if it's around 75-80$. I'm sure they can make ALL that money back, that they would making selling it at $148. Also, people still have to pay annually for a renewal.

As far as features, it's not bad products. It's not perfect either, but if your rich, then you won't have a problem. If your a college student like me, you just can't afford it.

Cal813, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  11. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It's an awesome product and the company is really great, no doubt in that.

pc_user, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  12. Libertate

Libertate Guest

Best Answers:
    It's how vBSEO is more pushy about their product then George Foreman with his grill.

It's how there is nowhere to go without having to read a testamonial, or demo of how great the product is.

It's how you will find no SEO and vB site where there won't be an infomercial sooner or later.

Serious turn-off for me. But, I presume, I am in the minority.

Libertate, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  13. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    from this thread ?
    hardly :rolleyes:

actually.. it Is 149, that is the only thing you every Have to pay..
    the 35$ after the first year, is for updates, if you wish to update..;)

as for vbseo owners being "pushy" it's like this..
    We have seen how well vbseo has Helped our own sites..
    When we see the countless post of so much misinformation, it's hard for us to sit back and let the ignorance spread.

Hey, if it was up to me.. I wish that vbseo wouldn't make any more sales, at least in my niche !! Why would I want the competition ???

Brandon Sheley, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  14. Burta

Burta Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    This is the reason I started this thread - I wanted to get some constructive criticism about the program as well.

Burta, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  15. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Obviously people like jward here will tell you what ever needs to be said, so they can get you to buy their product. I think this thread covers a lot on the product and other SEO products. So I hope people can read through and base all the facts to their own.

Cal813, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  16. pc_user

pc_user Notable Member

Best Answers:
    The thought that a $35.00 update fee is optional is ludicrous. Fact of the matter is any site savvy site owner knows that they need to keep their software up-to-date to avoid being hacked into. Are serious security updates optional? Doubtful.

Fact of the matter is that the fee isn't optional, it's a requirement if you want to maintain a working site, without it, ones site wont last very long online as security alerts become public knowledge. It's not optional, I know that and vbSEO knows that and to play on semantics is an insult to the people of this forum and the internet community.

Now I use to have a high level of respect for vbSEO and their product but definitely don't respect their way of doing business. I think the recent backlash at vbSEO in this thread and countless others starting to popup is only a clear sign that people are frustrated with their hubrice in these matters. They seem to have forgotten that the customer is important in the business equation. From the delay in their copyright removal option, to the insult in their approach to auctioning that option off on ebay to the highest bidder and even to the point where they offended people like myself which own numerous licenses by tacking on a hidden $35 is just wrong. It's wrong for business and it is just another nail in the coffin.

It's sad to see the begging's of the downfall of a company but this is clearly it. I would suggest they do something to regain the clients trust because I think everyone can see the writing on the wall, first it's zoints and then there will be others and no patent to stop that process.

pc_user, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  17. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    I've never heard of any exploits with vbseo ? even the 2.x.x version.. :confused:

18. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with you on the renewal fee. I have checked out other 3rd party hacks and a lot of them offer you FREE renewals. Basically you buy the lifetime/owned licence and upgrades are free for life too.

Your paying $149 already and then $35 yearly. I just don't see how a software would be worth so much. I believe even vBulletin doesn't charge that much for yearly renewals. I believe vB is only $30, so you can see vBSEO, is basically trying to emptying your pockets out.

I'm sure the vBteam themselves find this ridiculous. A 3rd party software, which costs more then the actual based software. That's like me buying a car and asking for a turbo charger, while the dealer replies with "oh.. the turbo charger will cost you more then the car." I'd rather buy a car that CAME with a turbo charger for the same price.

Cal813, Mar 25, 2007 IP
  19. Brandon Sheley

Best Answers:
    simple solution.. if you can't afford to get it, then Don't use it ;)

if you want to make the whole thread about the price of vbseo, that's fine with me.. but I believe you where asking for more negative things about it.. Can't we go on with this ??

p.l.u.r.
    -Bs

pc_user likes this.
  20. Cal813

Cal813 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The rest of the negative things were mentioned above. There are over 5 threads on DP about it and 1 main one at vbulletin.com/forum.

Cal813, Mar 25, 2007 IP