1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative SEO.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Cheesekewrls, Apr 30, 2012.

1. WebDev Solutions

WebDev Solutions Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It's too early to say either way whether the practice is possible. In reality though, this should only be a fear of new website owners. I'd imagine that if you have had a regular link build routine over the last 12+ months, you are going to be much less susceptible to a reverse SEO campaign than you would be if you were just starting out.
    SEMrush
    With Google really cracking down on low quality links and non-varied anchor text though, it's certainly something they are going to have to closely monitor.

WebDev

WebDev Solutions, May 20, 2012 IP
    SEMrush
  2. delton yell

delton yell Peon

Best Answers:
    I would describe negative SEO as self defeating, a bit like MAD, if everyone engages in it everyone loses. My personal opinion is if everyone is simply focusing their time and effort on trying to destroy each other, it means no one is focused on making the web better for users.

delton yell, May 21, 2012 IP
  3. webeveronpromo

webeveronpromo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    You just need to keep on building good quality theme based links, negative SEO will not cause a bad effect on your rankings.

webeveronpromo, May 21, 2012 IP
  4. Hobartaccommodation

Hobartaccommodation Member

Best Answers:
    Well in Negative SEO,there are some shortcut method through which you will get rank fast so but its not preferable just go with quality link building and make unique and fresh content everytime to create quality backlink.

Hobartaccommodation, May 21, 2012 IP
  5. manis

manis Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Negative SEO is the reverse of search engine optimisation. The aim of search engine optimisation is to increase a site's visibility in the SERPs. With Negative SEO, the aim of the procedure is to reduce a page's rankings in the search results.

manis, May 21, 2012 IP
  6. ryan_uk

ryan_uk Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Well, as you've seen from Panda (and Penguin): a problem with one part of the site can cause an overall ranking problem. What you have to remember with negative SEO is that it's hard to do with links (the links just won't be counted), if not impossible. Where you could be really hurt is if someone has access to your site such as editing content or even modifying scripts or HTML itself.

There has been duplicate content out there for years and Wikipedia gets copied all of the time, including on some spammy sites, so I can't see how it will happen.

Just make sure your site is secure, always keep it up to date if you're using a CMS and install security plugins if it's a CMS (most of them have some good ones). If your site allows UGC (User Generated Content) then try to moderate it in some way (human and automated). That includes even if it's blog comments, for example.

Good luck!

ryan_uk, May 21, 2012 IP
  7. seocentralservices

seocentralservices Peon

Best Answers:
    Do not do heavy interlinking websites to move in page rank and do not use always software do it also manually in building some links.

For more information just add me to my skype.

seocentralservices

seocentralservices, May 21, 2012 IP