1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative PayPal balance

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by tgcidius, Jun 30, 2008.

Hello!
    I have a question: Ive made a deal through PayPal but the buyer opened a dispute over the sum. I started the withdrawal process before the dispute was opened, so my balance is negative atm. If PayPal favours the buyer, can i just leave the negative accounted? I mean just ignore all the spam PayPal will send me? Are some serious consequences possible? I reside in Latvia in case that matters.

tgcidius, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  2. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Technically speaking, it is prohibited to have a negative balance and your account would remain limited. I supposed it depends on the dollar value because Paypal is known to send collection agency to retrieve the money physically from you. Of course they have every right to sue you but as to whether they will do it or not would really be up to them.

eddy2099, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  3. tgcidius

tgcidius Peon

Best Answers:
    What if I change personal details and debit card?

4. eddy2099

eddy2099 Peon

Best Answers:
    Changing does not help since with their billions of dollars and probably hundreds of millions of dollars invested in their business, they would have an audit trail of all your records.

However if the amount is small, they probably just write you off as bad debts and locked all future attempts by you to sign up.

eddy2099, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  5. tgcidius

tgcidius Peon

Best Answers:
    Would 140 euros be treated like "small amount" lol?

6. !Unreal

!Unreal Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    140 euros in the red! You should get that sorted out, I doubt paypal will ignore that.

!Unreal, Jun 30, 2008 IP
  7. GrandCanyon

GrandCanyon Banned

Best Answers:
    Don't worry. Just forget your account never login into it, Paypal is used to hire debt recovery agents but in your case the amounts too small, theyll basically tell the scammer that they can't recover the amount from you. Also if you have added a credit card, remove it and ask Your company NOT to allow paypal charge you or best get the card blocked if its not too much of a problem. Since you r a non US residednt paypal wont recover funds from your bank and ll also not hamper your credit history.

I sinceraly Hope it Helps.

Regards
    Attorney for PayPal

GrandCanyon, Jun 30, 2008 IP