1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Negative balance - Should I pay it or leave?

Discussion in 'PayPal' started by MITSAI, Oct 24, 2015.

Hello friends.

I've never used PayPal at all and my friend told me to make an account so I could sell some gaming accounts etc.

At start, I used my real name, address, phone number and e-mail, I also added a bank account so I could withdraw the funds.
    My bank is like a bank minors can have and it's from Millennium (bank name).

He paid me with his debit card, two 40$ transactions and I gave him the account, fast forward 1 week or so later, he got banned on some forums he was trusted in, and chargebacked a lot of people plus scammed, so I'm worried I'm the next victim.

If I get chargebacked, I'll lose as it was virtual goods and he paid with his debit card, so I'll get negative balance.
    I removed my address, phone number (and added a fake one), removed bank account also and about to remove e-mail and name to some random ones.

I am from Europe, Portugal so thankgod I'm not in US or something.

If he actually decides to chargeback and wins, should I pay the negative balance I'm left with?
    Is it true they take your money from your bank account in order to get the money back?
    Will I go to court over 80$ or something?

MITSAI, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  2. Digital_shubhi

Digital_shubhi Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Even if you remove or change your details at your end, they are having your all details from past and saved. ;)
    And if you removed your bank, they cant take money from it. And its very little amount so I guess you are safe.

Digital_shubhi, Oct 24, 2015 IP
  3. nhc1987

nhc1987 Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are fine after you removed the bank account. Just forget that account and create a new one if desired.

nhc1987, Oct 24, 2015 IP