1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your opinion about my website

Discussion in 'Websites' started by iphoneglance, Jan 24, 2016.

I've got an iPhone/iPad App review website. It's http://www.iphoneglance.com. We review all kind of apps. Would like to know what you guys think about it. We have been around for a few years and still growing. I would appreciate your opinion.

iphoneglance, Jan 24, 2016 IP
  2. radiusdanu

radiusdanu Notable Member

Best Answers:
    nice website, but if you can make the width bigger it will be good for visitor view.

radiusdanu, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  3. iphoneglance

iphoneglance Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    When you say width, what do you mean?

iphoneglance, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  4. radiusdanu

radiusdanu Notable Member

Best Answers:
    [​IMG]

Your website width is fixed, not flexible. If i am using computer with small display, its okay.
    but how about visitor with large display?
    if your website is responsive for mobile device, it would be nice.
    but on computer display it looks too small.
    also the ads on right side looks too bigger than half of your website body.
    Make it smaller, so visitor doesn't think that you looking for ads clicker ;)

radiusdanu, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  5. dre1977

dre1977 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah the width is definitely off. I viewed it on an iPad and a lot of your border wasn't visible on either side. Also you would be better off changing the navigation of your site. You should add different sections so a visitor can see all reviews in single categories. It's too much work to keep going page after page to find reviews you want. The content itself seems pretty good though.

dre1977, Jan 25, 2016 IP
  6. deathshadow

deathshadow Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    Got the feeling I've seen this wreck before.

Fixed width layout, illegible absurdly undersized fixed metric fonts, utter and complete lack of attempt at accessibility, and to be brutally frank it reeks of just having blindly slapped together off the shelf components without even the slightest understanding of how any of the stuff used actually works. The end result feels cobbled together any-old way and generally speaking a middle finger to visitors to the site.

Laugh is it does APPEAR to TRY and be responsive, but that attempt is utterly and completely broken in everything I have here.

Peeking under the hood, it's the typical turdpress train-wreck of "I cans haz intarnets" HTML mated to the idiotic halfwit nonsense known as jQuery. Hence the scripttardery pissing all over the markup, and the HTML that reeks of whoever built the site not knowing enough about HTML, CSS, or accessibility to be doing so.

Which is why again, my advice would be to Ripley this one... which is to say "Nuke the site from orbit, it's the only way to be sure"

There is little if anything I would even try to salvage from that.

deathshadow, Jan 25, 2016 IP