1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your opinion about monitoring software for small business

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MobeMel, Jun 16, 2020.

My client wants to install employee monitoring software, but I can see that there are a variety of tools of this kind, and they all seem to have a lot of features. Do you use monitoring software at your workplace? Can you recommend one of them?

MobeMel, Jun 16, 2020 IP
  2. IAmTheAnswer

IAmTheAnswer Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Hubstaff or Time Doctor.

IAmTheAnswer, Jun 16, 2020 IP
  3. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    What is the employer trying to monitor? Is the employer interested in monitoring emails, web browsing, time on a project, time away from desk, etc.? If you have a list of what the employer wants to monitor, it should make selection of a tool by features a lot easier.

BTW, my advice is to never become an employee for this company. Employers that do not trust their employees are sending a strong signal that they cannot be trusted, either.

jrbiz, Jun 17, 2020 IP
  4. Audrea97

Audrea97 Peon

Best Answers:
    The choice depends a lot on what you expect to receive from having employee monitoring software installed. In my company, we use Worktime as it has all the necessary features (such as active time tracking, login / logouts, etc.) and that's enough for us to track working hours and overall productivity.

Audrea97, Jun 19, 2020 IP
  5. Ivan2020

Ivan2020 Peon

Best Answers:
    Yeeeeesss, Time Doctor it's perfect

By the way...
    I work in a private educational institution. A few years ago, our management decided to start developing their own eLearning website development. A very cool thing. Maybe you should think and do something exactly right for your business?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2020
    Ivan2020, Aug 12, 2020 IP
  6. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    If all your employer wants to do is track the time (for billing purposes) that its employees spend on client projects, I can add that my current company has a system called "Harvest" where the engineers list the time spent on all client projects. But, I do not think that this is what your company is looking for.

jrbiz, Aug 12, 2020 IP
  7. ChristinaV

ChristinaV Peon

Best Answers:
    I can recommend WorkTime - employee monitoring software to you. We have been using it at work for a long time. This software helps monitor and boosts productivity and keeps track of working time. Additionally, no personal information is recorded.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    ChristinaV, Dec 9, 2020 IP
  8. janeking12

janeking12 Peon

Best Answers:
    ooh, I love it!!! I work remotely, and I have this software installed on my work laptop. I really like that it does what it is supposed to do without leaving me to worry about my personal details been spied on.

janeking12, Feb 17, 2021 IP