1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need your ideas about a personal site

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by bonjurkes, May 29, 2011.

Hello,

I would like to have a personal site (i can manage to do it myself), as i would like to use it on internet like my web identity. Things that i do, about me section, my carrier, places i worked, place i am working now, links to my social accounts and all other stuff.

But the point is : I am a newbie web developer. I suck at designing, that's why i want to be a coder. I am trying to learn PHP, and working at a company as a newbie coder.

So what should i do? Those portfolio sites are mostly for designers, they showcase their designs and experiences. And as you may guess, there isn't so much fancy thing for a coder for showcase.

Is there any examples about personal sites of web coders or developers? Is it ok if i use a ready made theme, as i am not good with design. Or using wordpress is a bad idea for a coder, because it's a ready made system ?

bonjurkes, May 29, 2011 IP