1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Your Feedback

Discussion in 'Design' started by ZoeAnn, Aug 26, 2014.

Hello everyone, I would like to ask for your professional or candid view and suggestions to make the site's design look better in a customer's perspective. This site has been newly acquired and we are redesigning it. I need your input on how to make the site look better in getting a higher sale conversion.

Your input is highly valuable.

Website is: Cheap Website Designs AU

ZoeAnn, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  2. ZoeAnn

ZoeAnn Member

Best Answers:
    Site is here: http://www.cheapwebsitedesigns.com.au/

ZoeAnn, Aug 26, 2014 IP
  3. ketting00

ketting00 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    ketting00, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  4. Adam_UK

Adam_UK Member

Best Answers:
    Hi ZoeAnn,

Are you looking for a complete over-haul of the design, or simply to touch up some details?

Since you've newly acquired the site, you may not be the ones responsible for using the current Wordpress theme. I would suggest at least making your front page unique, since looking at your site, the rest of your site and what you offer. It looks to my eye to be too similar to the http://www.elegantthemes.com/ site, which is where the bulk of your themes are from. If you don't have an account with Elegant Themes, it may be worth getting their cheapest one as this would allow you to update your themes with their update plugin.

I personally don't recommend using Wordpress for functional sites any more, however I realise there is still a business for them and clients certainly ask for them.

My suggestions would be to try an make your web page design more unique looking, with icons unique to your site. So that it doesn't look like the site where your themes originally came from. (You even have the same pink price stamp).

For the sites under 'Recent Work', it looks again like you (Or the guy whom you bought the site from) have taken screen shots of the Elegant Themes sites, and pretended you've created them yourself. If you want to still do this, I suggest you don't use Lorum Ipsum text in the examples. Compare these for example:
    http://elegantthemes.com/preview/Evolution/
    http://www.cheapwebsitedesigns.com.au/portfolio-items/evolution/

If you are still hoping to use Elegant Themes and Wordpress. I would suggest using their latest 'best loved' theme called Divi 2.0. Since the themes functionality and flexibility enables you to do more that the previous themes you have used on their site. However, just like any Wordpress theme or website, it will be bloated, use inline styles, go crazy with 'classes' and 'ids', take longer than you think to create (because saving and refreshing mounts up) and break more than enough traditional web standards.

So the bottom line:
    - Don't use Wordpres
    - But if you do. Try to make your site design unique.
    - Get a Elegant Themes license so that you can at least update your themes and get access to their technical support.

Adam_UK, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  5. gyanender

gyanender Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello,
    Design is looking quite good but you should use some additional designing features in your site to make it little better.

gyanender, Aug 27, 2014 IP
  6. topcoder

topcoder Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like your design.. But some fonts on your site is a little hard for me to read.

topcoder, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  7. HuggyStudios

HuggyStudios Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Another "web developer" firm don't know the difference between their arse and elbow. Leave the internet. Stop popping out WordPress sites you know nothing about like a crack whore in a council estate having babies every day.

HuggyStudios, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  8. Pontifex

Pontifex Member

Best Answers:
    Good design, although it looks kind of pale and default-ish.
    Previewing a template offers only a screenshot, that opens twice (2 windows - one over the other). The templates should be real template sites, imo.

Pontifex, Aug 29, 2014 IP
  9. KewL

KewL Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    It looks pretty nice to me, I'd say add a header to the top bar though. My mouse kept going up there to return home, but nothing was there.

KewL, Aug 30, 2014 IP
  10. MrApexy

MrApexy Member

Best Answers:
    Are you a registered Australian business (ABN ABR Numbers) always good to display somewhere, there are missing/broken images on "designs" page think they might be icons, the <title>Web Designs - Cheap Website Designs</title> I would refine (maybe make a bit shorter), i'd probably get rid of the couple of navigation tabs on the design page under the title since you have navigation two centimetres above that area (you might have a reason i'm not seeing for this)... annnnnd consolidate the footer... too much stuff down there IMO...
    But all sites are different and everyone likes different things, there is nothing particularly bad about this site, I'm just trying to help :)

MrApexy, Sep 17, 2014 IP
  11. Adam_UK

Adam_UK Member

Best Answers:
    My mistake, I didn't bother to look at the style sheet of your actual page. I assumed that as your other projects mostly had Elegant Theme themes, your main site theme would also use an Elegant Theme theme.... Anyway, here is the theme of your site http://demo2.woothemes.com/?name=pixelpress So my suggestion is to NOT use WordPress at all, but since that undoubtedly won't happen. You need to make your site unique from it's mother theme for credibility sake.

Remember, every time you build a WordPress site, an innocent kitten is killed to return balance to the world.

Adam_UK, Sep 17, 2014 IP