1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Need Yahoo PPC Tips

Discussion in 'Yahoo Search Marketing' started by anandmistry, Mar 29, 2010.

Hello All,

I am working on one PPC campaign which is running on Yahoo search marketing. I am little bit confuse with Yahoo PPC visitors tracking in Google analytics. I also used URL builder tool to separate non paid & paid visitors in Google analytics. But, I am still found (not set) when I checked individual keywords of Yahoo in Google analytics. I want to track my visitors & proper keywords in Google analytics.

anandmistry, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  2. Buy-Traffic.biz

Buy-Traffic.biz Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you need help with tracking keywords if I'm correct? If so, you should really check out prosper202.com - I am in no way affiliated with them but, basically any experienced marketer knows that is the best way to track keywords and your PPC stats, also it's free and open source.

Buy-Traffic.biz, Mar 30, 2010 IP
  3. bigcashtactics

bigcashtactics Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    If you want to succeed with Yahoo's PPC programme, here are a few smart tips:

-Bid on keywords that are less popular
    Choosing highly targeted keywords that are a lot less popular, yet popular enough to get good traffic without having to use up your entire budget within 24 hours, is the trick. Knowing which of your keywords did or did not perform is the key to maximizing your advertising profits.
    -Create More Landing Pages
    Try your best not to direct your PPC traffic to your home page. Create more landing pages, as your home page is not usually considered- with a few exceptions- the most relevant page for your visitor's search query.
    -Write Ad-Copy that Attracts the Right Buyers
    Vaguely-worded, generic-sounding ad copy is terrible for pay-per-click. The wrong sort of wording in ad copy would be attracting the sort of traffic who would actually have no use for your company. In other words, you would have paid for wasted clicks. Therefore we note that successful yahoo pay-per-click campaigns or overture pay-per-click ads vide PPC Yahoo and overture PPC search engines, start with a cautious and thorough consideration of the basics. You could indeed, protect your profits and even maximize them by clever optimization of these basic ingredients, and by taking the time to carefully plan your PPC campaign.

bigcashtactics, May 21, 2010 IP
  4. row_01

row_01 Member

Best Answers:
    You are asking how to separate Yahoo cpc and organic traffic in Google Analytics, right? All you need to do is append two parameters to your URL to tell Google Analytics that the Yahoo click is from cpc:

example.com/landingpage.php?utm_source=yahoo&utm_medium=cpc

All your paid traffic will start coming in as yahoo / cpc in Google Analytics.

row_01, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. jonandra

jonandra Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for share dude. I needs it too :)

jonandra, Jun 3, 2010 IP
  6. avyn1

avyn1 Peon

Best Answers:
    Create a short description for all existing ads to help ensure that the core message of your ad is included when the ad appears in Yahoo! Search results.

Follow Yahoo’s editorial guidelines to ensure that your ads go live as soon as possible and provide the highest quality experience to users.

Login to your Yahoo! Search Marketing account and use the “insert keyword” feature, to save time and help Yahoo! increase the relevancy and click-through rates of your ads.

avyn1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  7. aeroz1

aeroz1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would say 95% of affiliate would make their display URL for that ad Widgets.com when really they should have their URL as Widgets.com/Green-Widgets. Again, not only will this make your ad stand out a little, but it will also let people know they are getting something fulfilled that they were looking for so it will also increase your CTR% which we all know is very important if you’ve read the first tip of this article!

aeroz1, Jun 9, 2010 IP
  8. kvseaton733

kvseaton733 Active Member

Best Answers:
    can any body tell me , how yahoo SEM can make page rank up.

kvseaton733, Jun 25, 2010 IP