1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Buying Need Writer Who Creates Quality Content

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Traditione, Jul 24, 2014.

Looking for a trustworthy writer who will provide articles and other forms of written content with quality that is readable.

Not all ordered content will be articles, so please let me know if you offer a full writing service or just article writing.

Please PM me your rates and TAT and if you only write articles.
    We will conduct transactions through PayPal.
    First order will be 50/50 upfront/on delivery with following orders paid upfront in full.
    If things go well there will be continuous long-term orders.
    Let us know any additional information you think is pertinent.

- Thanks and have a good day

Traditione, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  2. qwertykris

qwertykris Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You keep posting your requirement quite often but don't respond to any quotes. What is the issue? What kind of rates are you expecting? At least mention that so people don't need to waste their time applying to you. Thanks.

qwertykris, Jul 24, 2014 IP
  3. Traditione

Traditione Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    1. I hire a few writers and receive many applications. I read them all but don't respond to the ones I haven't hired this round.

2. Writers come and go, necessitating the need to find new ones.

3. When looking for new writers I make a post to see who is available now. Many users leave or are banned.

4. I'm looking for rates commensurate with the quality and pay the rates they set.

5. What business is it of yours at all? Don't you have anything better to do?

Your post is sincerely unbelievable and is dripping with self-entitlement and projection of frustration of opportunities you have missed.

I'm buying a service, have been here for over 5 years, and you still felt inclined to respond abrasively instead of even trying to make bid.

Hijynx427 and Brand Builder like this.
  4. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Oh it's dripping with self-entitlement just because I asked for an idea of the kind of rate you are capable of paying? Get a grip mate. If you can give us a ballpark figure of your budget you wouldn't be inundated with applications from people whose asking rate is too high for you as well. And yes, most of us need to apply to multiple postings like yourself to get work so we appreciate this information or some clarification regarding this in the initial posting.

Btw, I'd already applied to your earlier job posting. I've worked here for five years too as a seller without a single infraction so you don't have to lay out the rules for me.

5. Traditione

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I honestly don't know what you're trying to accomplish or why you're replying.

You know exactly the way your post reads is one of antagonism, not honest inquiry, and if not, your ability as a writer isn't the quality we're looking for at this time.

Thank you for your interest, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

6. qwertykris

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You just accused me of self-entitlement for trying to get information on the rates you are capable of paying. So yes, forgive me if I find reason to reply. The only unnecessary bit I concede having written is asking you what the issue is.

Since when is it a crime to ask about the buyers budget to make things easy for all parties? Because you haven't mentioned anything about that in any of your postings. If you are willing to pay based on the individual writers' quality it would be useful if you mentioned that.

7. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're also looking for rates within your budget. If you can't afford it, you can't buy it so the quality of something outside your budget is a moot point. Giving people an idea of your budget allows writers to decide whether they can (will) do what you're asking at a price you can afford. If you're not in their pay range, they won't apply - which saves you both the trouble of lots of unnecessary email/PM exchanges.

It's his business because you posted a job ad on a board frequented by content writers and he happens to be one. When you make a post on a public forum, it is open for public commentary.

So is yours - peppered with a bit of an inflated sense of self-importance.

I'm going to assume he has made a bid - several of them, in fact - that you never responded to for whatever reason. Okay, so he doesn't meet your qualifications or standards. A simple, "No thank you" would suffice instead of open-ended silence that could be interpreted any number of ways.

Senobia, Jul 24, 2014 IP
    Hijynx427 and DreamingBig like this.
  8. Traditione

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    Thanks for the point of view Senobia.

I'm the one offering the opportunity. Have you ever applied for work in the real world? Do you think their kind of attitude would fly, especially in a large city? If you don't know, the answer is: no, it wouldn't.

I'm sure you've heard back from every single employer you've ever applied to. You must be very fortunate.

Do you think I've ever complained to someone for not selecting me for work when I bid? The answer is: no, I haven't.

I'm currently contacting the dozens of writers who applied. Dozens, as in +12 * 8. Good thing I hire multiple writers, right?

Are things becoming clearer? If you had to sift through thousands of applications in your time, you'd be more understanding. Some employers don't even look at your Resume if it says "High School" with no college education, it goes right into the trash. I, on the other hand, read all apps at the cost of my own time and money.

There are so many people looking for work, I don't need, nor do I want qwerty's kind of attitude from someone I'm going to work with, and thankfully the writers I've found have been extremely pleasant. I'm not looking for someone to obey or be at my beck and call, I don't even negotiate the price. What the writer wants is what the writer gets. Free market applies to both buyer and seller.

Imagine if a caddie behaved like qwerty. Would they be hired again, and would they even get a decent tip for this loop? Nothing is owed to a contract prospect, I am looking for work and will pay for a service. This is called trade and business. This is not Sunday brunch.

Are you starting to understand my point of view yet when someone complains in this manner? I have ignored the user qwerty so I won't have to waste their precious time with opportunities anymore. How does someone even have the gall to make a query about how I do business if they aren't involved in any manner? This is why the phrase "mind your own business" was introduced into the vernacular, because of people like qwerty.

Welcome to the world, where your business interaction with another depends on leverage and understanding where each person stands and not the image you have of yourself. (Frankly, I don't understand why users have their photo as their avatar either. Is that supposed to convey trust or something? It does not.)

I'm still in disbelief. But, hey, I'm finding my writers so I'm happy and they're going to be receiving money, making them happy.

Traditione, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  9. Senobia

Senobia Notable Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    You're welcome!

Just one of many, many, MANY online opportunities. And we, the content writers, are the ones providing the services. Just as you can choose who you hire, we can choose who we work for. Ain't it great?

And your winning demeanor would keep your employees eternally devoted to you? It works both ways, Mr. Big City.

I haven't so I am familiar with the open ended silence that I referenced before and am of the opinion it's very unprofessional.

No, I don't know - nor do I care.

Yes, that's generally how the hiring process works. It's not rocket science.

They were never cloudy. Your unprofessional tone, your haughty attitude, your lackluster intrapersonal skills, your arrogant demeanor AND your inflated sense of self-importance were painfully apparent (to everyone, but you) in your previous post.

Aww, poor lil Business Man! Having to invest his actual TIME and MONEY into keeping his business afloat. The world is so harsh, I agree.

I'm sure if you would have taken the time to say, "Thanks, but no thanks" that situation would have resolved itself a bit differently. But then again, you would have had to invest your precious time into doing so and well, you've already said you're just not keen on doing that.

You know, this is the part where I was going to point out that common courtesy costs absolutely nothing, but a little bit of time and effort on your part, but I'll be damned if we're not right back to Square One with the whole you've got none to invest bit. So I digress. That logic is wasted on you.

Are you starting to understand that I am 1) not your employee that you have the right to reprimand, 2) I am not your child to admonish, 3) I am not beholden to you for any reason at all whatsoever and 4) I have absolutely no interest in anything you have to offer? If you cannot address me as an equal and refrain from using that condescending tone, I will thank you kindly to not address me at all.

In your efforts to sound superior in ever possible aspect of running a business, you failed to realize what has already been pointed out to you once before. When you make a post on a public forum, it is open for public commentary. If you do not wish your posts to become public domain, kindly refrain from making them on public forums. Otherwise, they are fair game.

Very true - and judging by your flaming display of self-righteousness that has transpired here, this must absolutely suck for you.

It's supposed to convey, "I like it. If you don't - you don't have to look at it."

That's great. I wish you all the best with your endeavors and that their salaries fully compensate for the working conditions they are facing.

Good luck!

Senobia, Jul 26, 2014 IP
    darkmoney99 likes this.
  10. Traditione

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    ^
    I like you, you're fun.

And I know you're starting to like me too; let's grab a drink sometime. I promise I won't be haughty, unless you're into that.

Traditione, Jul 26, 2014 IP
  11. Hijynx427

Hijynx427 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As Seller:
    100% - 0
    As Buyer:
    100% - 0
    I love you Senobia. So good that you're still on here keeping things straight.

As for the OP - I am a fifteen year veteran freelance writer and I have a long standing history on DP. I am familiar with Employers who post jobs without a specific compensation listed. This tactic does exactly what it did - it infuriates the people who can't get past the "cents for words" mentality.

I can assure you, I have a clear mastery of the English language and I am reliable; I am punctual, I am a good communicator and I charge what I'm worth. If you'd like to see if I'm a good fit, please PM me with your email address and any genre/ topic that you'd like to see samples of - I will do my best to furnish pieces that most closely match what you need.

All in all, can we please just stop the hate child? There are so many disenfranchised, third-world living, ESL and failing folks on DP that when one posts, it's almost expected that someone will reply with some inane garbage.

Time to move forward and find a great writer.

:)

Sincerely,

Jason Mueller

Hijynx427, Aug 22, 2014 IP